Thursday, October 02, 2008

Busy Mysore days!

Life is so busy here in Mysore I cannot understand. In Istanbul, I was a bit bored, but to tell the truth, this was mostly due to myself, I did not really want to do much… Here, there is so much to do and even if I am only at home, I have all these new books that I have gotten each of which looks really delicious!

Yesterday the practice was good. Saraswati helped with the last back bend and this time she pulled my hands pretty up, I think I was holding my knees or something… After practice, I ran back home to have a shower and a quick breakfast because I was going to Dr. Kuttapa’s (my dentis here) to go to his clinic together in the city. See, last week, after couple of days I have been here, crown of one of the root canals I have broke. First, I though I broke a tooth but very luckily it was only a crown, otherwise I would panic because it was a big chunk… So, while I was trying to figure out what to do, I learned that Gita’s (the chocolate lady whose home I stayed for a week my first time) husband was actually a good dentist (I knew he was a doctor but did not know he was a dentist!) Therefore, I knocked on their door, and the next day Dr. Kuttapa took me to his clinic, got the measure of my teeth and this week, the crown was ready. He replaced my crown yesterday and I was relieved… I came back to Gokulam and at 2 o’clock I went to Kumar for my massage appointment with him. Ohh, it was great, my body softened up nicely and also my mind calmed down and I got a big smile after the session. Then, I ran home, had a quick bite and ran back to the shala to attend the Level I Sanskrit and Chanting classes which begun yesterday. It is the same person who was giving the yoga sutras class two years back. The class was nice. I am happy to be taking both classes, we will also go over asana names, their correct pronunciations… and chanting is very meditative…

This morning as I arrived to the shala I was expecting to find many other students waiting in the waiting area but there was none and so as soon as I came by the door, I heard Saraswati shout “one more” and I hopped in. This time, I was right next to women’s dressing room door but this spot was much spacious than the spot right next men’s dressing room. Practice was nice. I think Sharath might tell me to come to the practice even earlier next week… New people are coming, some of old students are leaving, so practice time keeps moving to earlier as always…

After practice, I got home, did laundry and passed some time until it was time to meet Melanie for breakfast. I took her to Santosha’s. I really like that place. I had eggs this morning with multi grain bread. The bread is really good at Santosha’s; also, their other baked stuff looks delicious as well, the tempting cookies and sweet breads… I still haven’t given in to cookies and such but I suspect that soon enough, I will. Afterwards, I went to Rama Krishna Ashram to get the Srimad Bhagavad Gita which our teacher told us to get for our Sanskrit class. Then, I went into the city to see the jewelry place Isa told me. I ordered the same studs she has for my extra holes on my left ear. I was temped for another pair of beautiful earrings but the gold has gotten so expensive that very quickly I decided to not make anymore purchases. After I got out of the shop, I walked down Deveraj Road and then to the city bazaar, but wandered rather shortly in the bazaar due to the big crowd and got back home. I still have to figure out where to get good incense, that will be for another trip to the city, or it will be an excuse to make another trip to the city :) … After resting at home a little, I went to Krishna tailor. Lokesh made me fisherman pants with the fabric I gave him but they did not look good as fisherman pants, so I asked him to change it to regular pants. He was not so happy about this request, he said it will be difficult to convert but at the end, I convinced him! He already made the patchwork bags I ordered. They are not same as the one I got two years ago, but I guess the one I got at the time was a remainder of Krishna’s work after he passed out… The patchworks on that bag was smaller and the fabric was a bit different… I guess Lokesh is not so patient to make such small patchwork and I am fine with it, I am not going to complain….

Tomorrow is already Friday, the led class! Ohh forget to tell, I decided to spend one more week in Mysore; therefore, I will be practicing in the shala for almost two months and then will head to Goa for R&M!

1 comment:

Ursula said...

Nice to read that you are so busy. I had the same feeling.
Yesterday a friend asked me what I was doing after practice. It was difficult to be precise, but I remembered that I was always busy, I had always something to do.

Much fun.

Ursula