Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend to today

Saturday was a full day shopping! First we had breakfast at OM café and of course everybody else decided to have breakfast there as well, so I was sitting between Melanie and Agnieszka’s chair for quite a while but then we managed to grab a chair, which got emptied… Now they have a mini market on Saturday’s at OM café, Dominic, the French lady had beautiful shawls and sandalwood necklaces/bracelets, I could not buy anything since I had no $ with me but next Saturday I will get something from her! Then right after breakfast we, Agni, Claudia, Jonathan and Jessica went to the city. Our first stop was Sapna bookstore from where I got a tiny Osho book just to keep my heart beating, then we walked to Ashoka bookstore, form there we went to the Bata store at the corner. I was hoping to find those cute plastic shoes and did, Claudia and me got pink plastic shoes! Afterwards we went to Rashinkars. I got a cotton sari with beautiful pattern and others also got saris, lungue (how do you spell that?) and books. Then we had to run for food. I do not remember the name of the place but it looked like a sweet shop from the entrance but upstairs they had full on restaurant! It was on the main road. Of course, it took us a while until I had to mobilize everybody to get active in table grabbing ☺, we lost few tables while waiting politely at a corner... But the food was good; most of us had the Southern special thali. After the food, we also went to Devaraj road. We walked up the road, Agnieszka looked in every Bata store to find her size in those pink plastic shoes but no luck… We went into a store to try Shalwer Kamez… I tried many of them but did not really warmed up to any of them; I was also hoping that Lokesh could make me something with the cotton sari I go. After all, we crashed at the Coffee day at the top of Devaraj road…
Yesterday’s led class was fine. I felt a bit stiffer in my knees. I blamed it to the Indian food; too much garlic… I do not know if it is really relevant. After the led class, we went to Bird sanctuary, which is a bit outside of Mysore. It was really beautiful. We took a boat ride in the river. It began raining in the middle of it but it was not pouring so that was fine. We also saw some alligators in the river other than birds… After the boat ride, we walked a bit, but the walk path is really short so we were done pretty quickly. Then we got back to Mysore, stopped at the Green Leaf to eat more Indian food…
There was also conference yesterday. Sharath talked about Ashtanga Yoga having the whole package with drishti, breathe, bandhas and asanas… when we do all these then we are doing meditation, pranayama and asana… I asked about whether putting contact lenses during practice or not and he said do whatever you want… So I will keep on wearing them. If he told us that not wearing them is better for the eyes or something then I would try without but if it does not matter I do not want to give away from my balance…
Today was fine. Practice was good. This time no new asana… Sharath began standing in front of me as I began my back bends until I finished my backdrops so he could help with the grabbing the ankles…
For breakfast, I went to Vivien’s with Agni. Today is Agnieszka's last day; she is leaving tonight ☹
Today was also the first day of Ken’s4-day Anatomy class. This first class was very good; Ken knows what he is talking about and he is very articulate…
Tomorrow is a full moon so no practice… I am thinking of seeing Dr. Kumar in the city for a consultation. I feel that my digestion is sluggish; maybe he can help in some way…
By the way, the sari I got turn out to be mixed with synthetic so after washing it did not softened up, so Lokesh does not want to make any clothing with it, instead he will make curtains for my new home. That also works out for me.

No comments: