Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend

This Saturday was a shopping day again. After breakfast at Tina’s, Claudia and I went to city for shopping for cotton sari and bed spreads and I was also hoping to pick up the ear studs I ordered at Suddharsans. First we looked for cotton saris but for some reason all the shops say the nice Indian prints do not exist in cotton saris… So after seeing few shops, we ended up at Rashinkars again, I told them that the “cotton” sari I got from them was not pure cotton and after washing it was still hard and asked if they have saris in pure cotton… After looking at some stuff they got, which were beautiful but not what I was looking for, the nice Indian motifs… Still, I really liked few of the saris, but then when they took us upstairs to show ready made tops and so forth, they showed all these nice materials to make shalwer kamez, and they were kind of fabrics that I was trying to find!!! After maybe 5 visits to Rashinkars, at the end they showed me what I was looking for! So, for your info, Rashinkar has some nice fabrics, that comes in a set of three, one to make a top, the other to make pants and then the shawl; they all match but in different colors and designs…. Still we decided to have a look at Fab India because so far whatever my tailor makes for me do not fit me!!! He is very nice but I feel like I am wasting fabric and money on things I cannot wear… Before going to Fab India, we went to Devaraj road and Claudia looked for jeans for her stay in Europe after India, since they are cheaper here. Also, we found a shop, which had the comforters Claudia was looking for… I also sopped by at the Suddharsans to see if they made my ear studs and yes they did!!! So, I got them and am wearing them now! After all this, we took a rickshaw to Fab India, which is in Lakshmipuram. They really have some fabulous stuff, very nice kurtas, tops, skirts, shawls form very good quality cottons with nice colors and designs. After all, I ended up buying one kurta and one top form Fab India… I also bumped into Martha and her husband again. Martha was in Level I of Tias’s Teacher Training in Santa Fe. I first saw them in front of Loyal World last week and yesterday again… Her husband was excited about talking with us about the practice. He asked me if I progress in my practice by practicing in the shala and when I said yes he was very surprised! Well, I explained him that practicing solo versus practicing with all these people makes a huge difference; it triples my energy level and lifts me up. HE asked whether I achieved anything new, and I said “actually yes, but not what I had in my mind…” but I refused to tell him what it was… I just did not feel like bragging about such stuff… Then he asked if I were teaching yoga in Istanbul, and what kind whether Vinyasa flow or ashtanga… I told him I teach ashtanga and I do not enjoy Vinyasa flow much. He said “strict ashtanga, primary series”, and then he added “that might change in few years” Here came a trigger to me ☺… My answer was, “and it might not, Rolf has been doing it for 30 years and he seems to love it still… and I love it very much” After, Claudia and I went out, of course I was mumbling stuff like “ why people need to comment on such stuff when they now nothing about me…” and Claudia told me “ you know, in such cases I just nod, I am not even listening sometimes, it come from one ear and goes out from the other… not important, you get really frustrated over other people’s comments!” She was so right and I have to learn how to led things come form one ear and go from the other before Claudia and I part ways!
Practice this morning was tough. I felt very tired at 4:30 AM in the morning. Then, close to the end of the practice, after Upavishta Konasana , I forgot Supta Konasana, so there I was preparing for Supta Padangusthasana, and of course I got caught and Sharath yelled at me “which one???”… I thought “here goes my hope for getting Shalabasana tomorrow! Ohh well, it is all okey but I wonder why I keep forgetting asanas here. Maybe it is just because it was still early for me to practice at 4:30 this morning or I have to focus better.
This Tuesday, my first month will finish here, time is flying by…

No comments: