Thursday, October 16, 2008

Week of Anatomy class and practice

It is already end of the week. It has been a cloudy, rainy week which is good I think, not so hot. Tomorrow is led class; I am in the 4:45A.M. batch now according to the schedule Sharath put on the board! Ashtanga while sleeping… You know right 4:45 AM shala time means 4:30 real time and to get in, we begin cuing up at 4:15 shala time!
Agnieszka’s left on Monday night ☹. Tuesday was moon day, it was anatomy class and then I went S.N. Jois for a Vedic astrology reading. What I can tell is that he was spooky rite about some things and very off with other things and then he had some predictions and I will see what happens regarding them in the future… Wednesday practice was okay and this time, Sharath let his hands go after he helped me grab my calves in backbends… yes I could stay there without him holding!! I did not think I could do that so soon! After practice, Sharath was taking people to puja in this new temple… but I did not go, I chose breakfast over puja! Is that bad, I don’t know… Then it was anatomy class with Ken again, we studied the pelvic floor… And if I got anything from yesterday's class, it is that the two things that make yoga difficult for us are sitting in chairs and carrying weight on our shoulders; we, humans are actually, anatomically suppose to sit on the floor and carry weight on our heads like Indian women... then late lunch at Tina’s new cafĂ©; it was very good food and very cheap too! Then Sanskrit class in the afternoon. I told Lakshmish that I will not stay for chanting class anymore, and he just shook his head… I enjoy Sanskrit level I now, it is like puzzle, but I really get bored chanting straight ahead without talking about the meaning of what we chant…
Today practice was good. Then, Santosha for breakfast and then last day of Anatomy class. It was very interesting class today. Ken talked about Mula bandha and Uddiyana bandha anatomically and also about soas muscle. Afterwards, we had lunch at Cenakis (I donnu how to spell it out really), it was good food. Now time to chill a bit until tomorrow morning.

No comments: