Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Moving on...

This morning, as soon as I entered the waiting area of the shala, Sharath said “you come in now, tomorrow come at 6:45! “ and so I squeezed myself to the spot right next to the door of the men’s changing room. I could not raise my arms completely during sun salutation since the ceiling over there gets lower ☺ Still, the practice flowed… I felt stronger today, maybe the resting during yesterday’s new moon or adjusting to the shala and drawing in more energy… Also probably happiness of being called earlier made me go full fuel. Whatever it was, I felt good and open and strong. At the end of the practice, while I was coming up from my third drop back, Sharath appeared in front of me, he said “ tomorrow, Pashasana” then he asked” did you do pashsana last time?” I said “no” , he said” tomorrow only pashasana!”. Yeah, I wanted to do a little dance right there but instead I was grabbing my ankles in back bends with Sharath helping me ☺ Yes, I am very happy because I was thinking that he will make me practice only primary the whole month! Well, so I am "officially" started on the second series. I think I needed this very much. I know it does not matter whether you do only primary or maybe only half of primary or second or third… on the other hand, I am one of those people who can do better with a bit of encouragement. I am happy to be here, I think it will help me get my practice stronger. The energy in the shala is good and I really enjoy practicing with all these people! I feel thankful today, and I hope to remember this everyday!

Also, today I had my second rolfing session with Ken the Rolfer. I am starting to really enjoy this work. It is not the most pleasant body-work but it is very good for body awareness. I know you will ask what are you doing when practicing yoga but we do not really know every tendency of our body and also we get lazy and go back to our habits which are not so good for us… so Ken’s work is really bringing me back to my body and also making me feel more grounded… I am also learning a lot about my body from him and that by itself is bringing more information about how to look at other bodies….

No comments: