Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Warming up...

The new teacher is actually a good teacher. He does not adjust much at all but he gives good explanations of asanas for which people need adjustments. I guess that kind of makes sense and is helpful; sometimes you don’t understand what you do wrong when a teacher comes and adjust you in a way that shifts your body significantly. So, he gave me few good pointers with couple of asanas and then with the backdrops, after my three dropping back and descending to the floor he came and helped me with 4 more backdrops and asked me why I am not coming up. My response was that I cannot pull myself up. He said we will work on that tomorrow. Today after my three backdrops he came over and said that my energy dies after I drop back and instead it should still be flowing and pushing me back up. Accordingly, I dropped back and he pushed me back and pulled me up to help me get the feel. Yes, it makes sense, I need that push to come up but I guess it will take some time for me to get that momentum. Well, I practice everyday so it will happen at one point; I thought I would never pass my fear and drop back but now I am dropping back quite nicely, so it comes when I am ready. The only thing is that I am leaving next Tuesday  and I am not sure how it will be in Istanbul. At Yoga Sala they have Eric who actually the first teacher from whom I began learning ashtanga but they have no Mysore classes! Maybe I can convince him to begin Mysore classes since he is also managing the studio… If not I am planning on my trip to Mysore anyway… so I will have to survive with home self practices for a while… But I will miss my friends here at Yoga Place.

No comments: