Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ashtanga in Istanbul

I went to my first class last night, yes 7:30pm is night for me as someone who goes to bed around 9:30pm. It was really hot and I sweated loads. There were not so many people I guess partly because it was a week day and also people kind of find it difficult maybe (Eric was saying something about scaring people)… Eric is the teacher. So he did an almost full primary (skipped Setu Bandhasana for some reason but I did it anyways, I feel like I have to learn to behave in led classes that are modified!) It was okay, but he does everything maybe ten breaths, definitely not 5, and then I find his adjustments kind of weird which I will not go into… After class this hatha teacher, who also was in the class, told me that I had a good practice but then suddenly start telling me that I should be sitting on my sitting bones more properly because Eric says the other way is bad for your something… I was like whooaahh you were watching me during practice and you are telling me to correct myself? (of course not out loud) Okay, I got frustrated afterwards, I usually get frustrated after not at the moment… I was frustrated because even if I were doing something wrong it was not her place to tell me to correct it because our teacher was Eric, I believe he can tell me that. Then my own stupidity, of course I instead of saying thank you to her initial complement, mumbled something like “ohh I have been doing Mysore classes every morning, it is that” so trying to say everyone can do it if you do it every morning… I am so bad with receiving complements, anyways she made a U turn from her complement too quickly anyways… I also went on and said that there are people with really great practice who are on their second series among my yogi friends in London. This is funny because she said there is not much difference between first and second series so no big deal! Ha! Okay I am mean, mean person but I get irritated with shows offs and arrogance and ignorance on top of all. I just said “uhh they are kind of different, first series is mostly forward bends and second series is more of back bending asanas…” and she had to say himmm yes, but I guess she did not know the difference to begin with… So my struggle of not to be arrogant myself against people who will lack humbleness and will get into power struggle with someone like me who has no interest but just annoyance with such things…
Anyways, I have to concentrate on my won practice instead of being occupied with these kind of stuff. I am going to Mysore next months, yes it is kind of official. I will go to the travel agency tomorrow and then apply for my visa in the beginning of October (sister says to do it this way because they are stingy in giving visa time in Turkey for some reason). I am sooo excited.
One last thing; morning practice is very difficult following a night class!

2 comments:

Tiff said...

Ohhh but I know exactly how you were feeling with that conversation...

What's your sign?

Tiff said...

Nevermind, lol,just looked...virgo