Thursday, September 28, 2006

Second series try out?

Last night was my third time with Eric’s led class. This time I took care of hiding back at the corner, just concentrating on my practice. As I write this, it feels funny because I am writing about my yoga practice, it is one of the few things during the day that I should not be concerned about such stuff, being visible or invisible, concentrating on what I am doing or not… Anyways, I guess going to shala with this frame of mind, being determined to do only my practice and not be concerned about anything else worked. I know this will make ma a bit unsocial but I am open to any friendly person so if someone approaches me warmly, I will respond with the same way. However, at the moment, there will be no effort on my part to socialize. Also, I am leaving in less than a month for three months, so it should be okay.
Last night’s practice was fun but I guess unconventional because Eric threw in second series after Navasana. This was my first time ever trying anything in second series. I was very unsuccessful with Pasasana, but I did fine with others, especially Ustrasana , Vajrasana , Laghu Vajrasana , Kapotasana Vinyasa in were very good before back drops, they opened up my back really well, and also I felt like they might be very helpful in getting my back stronger, which I need for getting back up from my back drops. Yes, still working on trying to come up after dropping back. In London, Charlie told me that my lower back does all the work in my back drops but one part of the body is not enough to bring up my whole body afterwards… That made sense and felt right since my lower back was aching a bit lately… Eric also things I need to get my upper back stronger… so work on that… how? Well, as Charlie suggested, holding my back bends longer. I would like to be able to come up before heading to Mysore. But if it does not happen, it is not a big deal, it just means I am not ready yet, so I will work on it until it happens, and it will at some point, I know ☺ because so many things which seemed like never going to work began working… sometimes I have hard time believing, so this will also happen when it is time…
Ohhh, yes I am in a much better mood. Also, Sri K. Pattabhi Jois was in my dream last night. I don’t remember the dream much at all, but it should be nice. I am picking up my ticket this afternoon! So excited.
These night classes are a bit tiring, especially my morning practice afterwards… Well, they might help me get stronger, back-to-back practice…

No comments: