Friday, September 08, 2006

Halfway on my special journey...

My impersonal horoscope says “You're at the halfway point on a very special journey today, but you're in for a surprise.” Kind of makes sense I guess, well I have no idea what might be the surprise. Today was my last day with Cary, I mean at least my last day of being her student. I woke up at 3:15 am and did not even consider going back to sleep. I was at Yoga Place around 5am and began my practice at 5:10 am. Before 6am the bell rang I thought C came early but it was some other people whom I could not recognize because I did not have my contact lenses so everything was blurry. Someone peeked into the room and said something so I got up from my mat went near him since I had no idea who this person was and what he was saying. I said “hi I am Ahu and held my hand out (what was I thinking? okay I was thinking this is the new teacher and I was introducing myself) but he just said ohh no, I am looking for C. Well that was weird, do you say “ohh no” when someone introduces themselves to you??? Ohh well I cannot care less… I am leaving soon. Then C came finally after I had to buzz in some other people, still could not tell whom they were. I was finished with my practice pretty early. C thanked for the Vegan cake I baked for her while helping with my backdrops. First, I did not understand what she was thanking for, I came so early and with all these new people and all, I forgot that I brought her a cake… Anyways, then I helped with adjustments. At some point we called C to the changing room and gave her a present and a card. She got so happy!
I will miss her very much, too much. I am kind of blocking all the anxiety I might have from this separation. At laest, I did not break down and made a fool of myself this morning because I did that on Monday when no one recognized. Monday, it just downed on me at the end of my practice, I got up from shavasana in tears, sobbed a bit in the changing room and that was it... But now I feel reassured, for some reason, that I will see her soon, in few months. Until I see her, I have to figure out how to get up from backdrops, dropping is getting easier…
I thank for my luck, I thank for meeting such a great person, having her as my teacher and my friend.
Now, I have to keep reminding myself that every ending leads to a new beginning. Or as my horoscope suggests that I arrived halfway on this very special journey….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have found that all of the people who have crossed my path and have been important to me have come back to me again. I am sure this will be the case with your teacher too. And I have cried on and getting off the mat before - your practice can be a very emotional time.

All the best on your 'journey' I hope the path leads you somewhere good.

Ahu said...

Thank you! this is very supportive, specially since I found practice a bit awkward this morning...