Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Few more thoughts

Few more notes on my break down last nite. Afterwards I talked to my sister on the phone. She told me that I should not take everyone so seriously and also I should not restrain myself because of other people as long as I do not harm anyone. She told me that woman is also mirroring somethings to me, and letting me go through a process. I guess she has a point. I see how insecure, how unprepared I am for the real world. I have been in a very welcoming environment in London but I cannot find the same circumstances everywhere. Also, maybe she was mirroring some of the things I hold within me but too disturbed with, so when I face them I get really bothered. What are they? I might be too discriminative against people whom I don’t know, maybe I am also arrogant some of the times… So, the thing is to change myself first, then she will not be able to bother me. I believe my sister will become a very good therapist because she is already a good one. After talking to her I was much calmer and had a good night’s sleep.

2 comments:

Tiff said...

You know, we are very similar in how we respond to people. I have a tendency to read into what people are saying and use it as a criticism of myself. I think part of it makes us feel like we are too insecure or take things too seriously or are too sensitive - but at the same time, I think our ability to see things this way helps us to find things to work on inside ourselves. It becomes negative though when we bash our self esteem too much though. Sure it might mean that sometimes our ego is inflated or deflated, but at least we can realize it in the midst of it. Some people think it's everyone eles's problem, it says a lot when you can look into your own mirror and see what you're feeling at the same time...I think I'm rambling...

Ahu said...

Yes, I understand what you are saying... :)