Tuesday, August 29, 2006

With the first day of 29 comes my first back drop!

Yes, so I turn 29 on the 29th! This is my last year in 20s zone… I don’t mind 29 but now I feel like I should be more grown up when I turn 30. I come on, I will enter a new decade! Am I prepared for it? I am not old enough for 30s zone yet, am I going to be able to catch up within a year??? Uhh, well I will just go with the flow, who knows, maybe I will catch up…
So, this morning I kept dreaming that I was finishing my dissertation and also I was doing back drops, yes two priorities in my life! Then, I woke up before 5 am, half an hour after my solar return… And then went to Yoga Place , began my practice quite early… So, at the end, began back bends and then got up, did my little going back and coming forth and then C came to help me, so after 2 drop backs she asked me if I want to try by myself. I guess I looked all worried, she said you can say “No” but I said I really want to… and then I go and did it! Then only thing is C was in front of me and head two fingers touching my waist, yes just the feeling of her fingers, not holding but that gives so much confidence! Still, my legs were shaking when I came up! C said, one more time, and I go but came back before dropping and she said “I am here, common”, and I did it again. It is just letting myself drop after a point, but that is the scary part, right? Well, I did give myself a nice present! The trick is to continue doing them until I am confident to do them without C standing in front of me. Yes, C was saying the other week, one time before I go , only one time. And, yes, it was also one of the thing I really wanted to do before she left… Finally I am there I guess.
So, first back drop on my 29th birthday! Does this mean it will be a heart opening year for me?! I expect some kind of transformation this year, well I guess I do because it has already began.

4 comments:

Ursula said...

Happy birthday. I like your birthday present you made yourself - dhanurasana alone. Have fun.

Clare said...

Happy Birthday - and well done with the backdrop too!

Tiff said...

Happy Happy Happy Birthday - many great things to come!!!

Ahu said...

Thank you guys!