Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday practice

I went to Hamish’s for the first time today. I thought instead of doing my Sunday practice at home (which is usually sluggish) if I give myself such a present, it might motivate me to do some work on my dissertation on Sunday as well… uhh I just desperately want to finish writing… I know I should enjoy it, I should be excited about it. Yes, yes, yes I am trying to be all that.
Anyways… what did I think about Hamish’s? Well, he was not teaching today… so cannot comment on him. But the studio was much smaller, well maybe not smaller but the way space is like practicing in someone’s living room, it is not open space like we have at Yoga Place , but it was okey, and still better than practicing in my own living room which is full of things distracting me. Also, I was afraid that I would be intimidated with all the advanced practitioners but I guess there weren’t many of them and also I realize that I don’t look at other people much when I am practicing. So, I am usually not aware of what is going on around me, unless I have to stop and wait for help with my backdrops… Yes it was a nice Sunday practice. On the other hand, one thing I realized is how much having C as my teacher matters. It makes such a big difference, so motivating and touching me within in a positive way. Of course this is the first time I have done self-practice elsewhere and as they get to know you, it might become more welcoming and warm. But then, I also realized that it is time for me to be able to focus on my practice on my own, no matter who is teaching… Especially since C will leave in few weeks and then I will leave afterwards. I am concerned about how it will be after I leave, but I realize that I have to keep my motivation going and also have to be prepared for many self practices in my sister’s or parent’s living room. And hopefully after a short while I will get to Mysore (universe, please help with that)!
Okey, now I have to go back to writing my dissertation since I have gotten my motivational present.

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Did you see Vanessa? I think she practiced there.

Frozen Yogurt is awesome, you have to find some...either that or buy a machine for home use. Ohhh you could start a fro yo business!!!

Ahu said...

uhhh, no I did not see Vanessa... maybe she was there but I am not sure if I will be able to recognize her.

Anonymous said...

I love Hamish's, as C does (she practices there as well).

Ahu said...

I know C practices at Hamish's. Do you go on Sundays, Vanessa? I will try to go on Sundays but I might not be able to make it this Sunday becuase of my dissertation which is driving me nuts right now! :(((