Thursday, August 03, 2006

The best gift :)

Today practice was fine. I seem to be getting more fluid when doing the vinyasas after each asana; I guess I am getting stronger… But my left thigh is not so happy this week. I thought it was opening up last week, which is in a way… I can bind it much more easily now. However, I think I did something on Monday and I only realized it when I was practicing on Tuesday… and it hurts the most when I am doing the usual suspect, baddha konasana ; a muscle somewhere in my thigh is pinching, hurting… Well I just said my teacher when she came to adjust during baddha konasana , that my left thigh hurts and maybe it is for the better if we let it be since left side is a wild child, does not like to be pushed and if it is pushed, then goes back four steps back in terms of flexibility… but I am hoping some time soon, something will pop up there and my left side will be as open as my right side…
Okey the best gift came after my practice. I went into the changing area and the girls who come to practice regularly, thanked for adjusting them yesterday and they also told me that I should not worry about hurting them and then one of them said “I felt warm inside when you adjusted, we all did! it is very nice, thank you”, she even thanked for Deb who did not come this morning. As I wrote yesterday, I felt the people, who knew me, were very receptive contrary to my prior fears; however, I was not expecting such a support. It is the best gift that anyone could give me at the moment other than the opportunity to let me learn adjustments (thanks C ☺ !)

No comments: