Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Don't care anymore...

Yey, I don't care much anymore about this trademark stuff... well, if I can, I will object the process because I think we should be free to say we teach Ashtanga Yoga, Hatha Yoga, whatever Yoga but now I also believe that they cannot really prevent us and yes there will be the threat of a large some of fine if they want to enforce this right which they might own... well, I guess universe will take care.. whatever is suppose to happen will happen.

By the way this change of daylight saving time change really knocked me out... I feel tired... that biological clock does not adjust so fast.

I just bought beautiful flowers, my first flowers for my new place!

And yes, my left knee is still not good. Have to do some serious taking care of... I have been going to Yin Yoga classes once a week to open the hips more, but I guess once a week is not enough... well I do some hip openers before practice as well... and also Maha Narayan Taila oil is not working much either... himmm I cannot remember how it happened? it began in Mysore.... need to back of more seriously I guess.

1 comment:

Özgür :) said...

All of this, I think began with Bikram Choudhury. Somehow he managed to get copyrights for 26 poses which he took from the 86 classical yoga poses and began taking everyone to court for using them. It is true he is a businessman and it is true he lives in luxury in Beverly Hills and it is true he is arrogant about it.

Deep down some people will look at yoga and see opportunities to make money. It is no different if it is in the US or Turkey. People will try to patent, copyright, trademark anything everything to make an extra buck.

Sadly nothing seems to work. I know that Open Source Yoga Unity, a San Francisco-based non-profit group of yoga enthusiasts, filed a federal lawsuit attacking Choudhury's patent on 26 yoga postures. But I don’t think they will win.

Indian government is now trying to copyright asanas and yoga. I believe yoga is a 5,000-year-old tradition, and shouldnot be copyrighted by anyone. But it will be somehow.

Like much what you have said about Pattabhi Jois’ point of view about ashtanga yoga, the man who found mp3 technology never made a claim to it instead he said it is for everyone to use and benefit from it.

Hording mentality happens everywhere. I saw the same scenario being played out in the field of NLP a few years ago. I say it is best to let the universe take care of it.