Monday, March 01, 2010

Second month

I paid for another month on Friday. I was a bit goofy when I went into Sharath's "new" office to pay. I asked him if he would want to come to Turkey and his answer with a smile was "Do you have 100 students?" , I chuckled and said "maybe 20..." so, for now this is out fo the question...

Friday I was moody, moody, moody. But then I went to kirtan which was held at this place very close to where I stay and that was very nice, healing energy for me. Then, I came home, with the desire of warm milk but the gas was finished :(... I did not have cold milk. Saturday I woke up with a totally different mood. I met with Peter and we went to this dosa place which is near the zoo for breakfast. They only served dosa and idly. We had couple of dosas and then decided to go for a venture and ended up at the zoo :) since I have never been to this one. Peter assured me that it is not a depressing one and indeed it was quite nice. Lots of different kinds of animals... I liked that it is a very green zoo and it is very well kept. Then, the rest of the afternoon, I was at the pool (!) yes this trip I began going to the Southern Star pool... well this weekend was a long weekend due to Sunday fullmoon so the pool was not crowded at all. When I arrived a friend was also just going in so I spend most of the time chatting with him and of course I also swam couple of times. I guess the pool can be a intense place when it is crowded with yoga students but I have not come across to this yet. The funny thing wass that in the enterance they asked us for our passport and visa copy and couple of photos! Well, I do not walk around with my passport, so they said "bring next time" and handed me a form. They said they will be issuing a card for us... I donnu if I want to go through this hassel, but since the weather is uber hot I might need to. I also heard that there is another pool which is also nice but does not have much tree shade...

Sunday, moonday, I thought that I have been stuffing myself a bit too much (if you ask with what it is, mainly dried fruits and nuts... ); therefore, I decided to do a kind of fast. Well, it is not really a fast I guess. I had coconut juice and ginger tea in the morning after walking around the lake with Flora. I actually had to watch her having a cappucino at Barista while I tried to swallow down the "ginger lemon" tea they had there, I had to make a proper ginger lemon tea at home after that. Around 1:30 PM, I had little bit of steamed rice, broccoli and cabbage with lime juice and tiny bit of olive oil. After this humble lunch, I had water with lime juice. I was starving in the afternoon, so I ran to get another coconut juice and ran back home ( almost fainting on the way). I was basically feeling weak most of the day but I still had the expactation that I might feel nice and light in the led class next morning but the reality was a bit different. When I woke up I felt fine and thought "ohh nice I am not hungry at all" but then when I went to the shala to wait for the second shift led class turn, I started feeling really hungry and slightly panicing "ohh how am I gonna make it through?" We went in and began the surya namaskars. The first three were dizzy ones and I was feeling weak even in down dog! Most of the practice I was feeling weak, not light at all. During most of the practice I kept repeating to myself " fasting and practice do not go well together for you!" Of course after making through the practice, I ran home to have my breakfast! Afterwards I stopped by Kumar and told him about my mini fast and he said " this is why I am telling you not to fast, you are a Vata, no good for you. If you want to fast, do a fruit fast but eat through out the day not once..." I said I am afraid I am getting a bit big and he chuckled and said" with this practice, in this heat, you think you will get big?" We talked about many things since I do not know how to shut up when I am with him, and then when I was leaving he said " so, no fasting..." I ate pretty well today. We went to Sandya's for lunch and had her yummy food... It was good food and good company. Now I should be ready for tomorrow's mysore class, at least a bit more power ha!

No comments: