Thursday, February 25, 2010

Here comes Bakasana

Yesterday Sharath said "tomorrow Bakasana". I was happy to hear this but of course little balloons over my head began appearing also with scripts such as "I am almost at my biggest challenge, Bakasana B. Ohh but does Bakasana mean only Bakasana A or both A&B? how will I know, I should ask someone, etc, etc..." So, with these thoughts in my mind, I left the shala. I helped at the cafe in the morning which was fairly busy. In the afternoon, I saw Jeff and asked him whether I do only Bakasana A or both A&B, and his answer was "Of course you do both! Do you do only Shalabasana A when he says Shalabasana, you do both Shalabhasana A & Shalabhasana B or with Kapotasana, you do both Kapotasana A & Kapotasana B ..." Therefore, officially I got to the point where I struggle the most. But then Jeff was telling me not to worry so much, that Sharath is not so strict with it. But I once got traumatised about this posture and so it is making me nervous. Well, I said that I will come with my helmet tomorrow to the practice, lay it next to my mat and see what Sharath does... Okey, I did not come with my helmet to the practice today and when I was at Bakasana B, I just tried to remember all the tips Monika gave me when we were practicing with her in Auroville. She suggested that I go forward, not trying to go up and slowly down like R&M insists on. Monica said this is not a requirement at the shala and also this way is really difficult for women... and indeed it is difficult for most women. So, I did my best, I landed on top of my feet and then pulled them up, I repeated it few times and then moved on to Urdhva Danurasana. Sharath was around and he did not say anything, and then he came and helped me with Chakra Bandasana... I think what Flora told me last night also helped me to be easy with Bakasana B, she said "Just do it like a child as if you are doing it for the first time, don't think too much" :).

No comments: