Friday, February 19, 2010

Slowly getting rooted

It has been almost three weeks since I got to Mysore... Things has been a bit complicated the first couple of weeks here and just now everything seems to be sorting itself out... I am staying with Flora and Mari still and it seems like I will stay with them the most of the time. Mari will leave to renew her visa, so I will have her room for a while and then the living room again... It is a nice home, I got very used to being there, and also living with Flora and Mari feels very good emotionally. On the other hand, things with A got a bit difficult since we have been in Mysore but I had a sense that it might be like this before coming here... I was a bit overwhelmed with 24 hour days together especially since I have been single for a long while. Needing the space and the time for oneself... but more than needing the space for myself, it became more clear once we got here that we have different interests which get in the way... I guess couples can have different interests and they don't have to get in the way, if they do, it is just an excuse for something which is not working... I am just being honest... While travelling, you get into relations which are sometimes only the reflection of that moment and then once you are out of that moment and space, they just go downhill. Of course you can also meet the perfect one for yourself but this time, this is what has happened... Goa is sometimes "non of this is real"... it was beautiful while it was but now it should not go on anymore... Nowadays I question myself a lot regarding relationships. However, more than blaming myself, I should learn from this whole experience... relationships are suppose to teach us about ourselves and yes I see a lot about myself, what has changed, what has remained the same, where I am more aware and where I still need to work on... So, like this we have to carry on with our lives. just a little note to myself...

Well... being in Mysore feels very good in spite of all this. I have been really enjoying the practice in the shala. It is full power and it is really full! First weeks, my beginning time was 8 AM and I got in almost around 8:30AM (shala time of course) then I moved down to 7:15 AM. Some people are leaving, some people are coming. Yesterday, after chakra bandhasana Sharath asked " you did Kapotasana? Monday Supta Vajrasana" so I got my first next asana since I have been back. I hope to get split before I leave because this long long practice is not working anymore, depleting and too long for a daily life... Peter also arrived last weekend. It is very nice to see him here! We had a nice conversation over the breakfast this morning... exchanging notes and ideas for the moment, for the future...

Ohh not to forget, I just finished Kumar's ayurvedic massage course this week. It was great to spent this time with my very good friend Kumar and I learned a lot from him. We were 4 people in the course and this first week was ayurvedic information and massage and the next weeks was how emotionally we get injured and massage. Now I can do a whole body massage but it is quite tiring :P I got to practice it so I get used to it.

Then, yesterday, I went to Jayashri for the first time! I really loved it! I love chanting especially after chanting with Richard. I have not chanted since our training and surprisingly the sanskrit pronunciation all came back as we chanted yesterday. After chanting, Jayashri's brother did the philosophy talk, this time he answered only questions and even though it was not very focused since it was random questions, I found him very good, very knowledgeable... Therefore, I definitely want to sign up for this 11 AM chanting-philosophy talks... I will also be helping the cafe 3 mornings a week so I guess I will be either chanting or serving at the cafe.
More to come as I ground myself more to Mysore life. Never been here in this busy time but it is all right.

3 comments:

Boodiba said...

I'm still hoping you guys will work things out.

Also I'm envious of the shakti going on at the big shala. Things are SO quiet and small over in this part of town. The two times I've been to the Coffee Day at 9am I am the ONLY customer there! It's very strange, surreal. I can't ever go to Sharath again though. I just can't. I'd need a couple years there probably to get my full practice. Anyway my fav teacher in Mysore is Venkatesh & he's not even Astanga.

I'm going to the pool Sunday. See you there?

Ahu said...

thanks for your good wishes.. I have been thinking of you lately. we should have a coffee date one of these days... sunday
i might come to the pool after 1 PM.
hope to see you soon! x

Boodiba said...

Well I can't seem to muster the leap of faith necessary for romance myself, but I like to live vicariously.

Yes I hope I see you Sunday! I like to get there early but I'm sure I'll still be around at 1pm.

Going to Metropole tonight... 7:30.