Friday, March 26, 2010

Maya

I guess one of the reasons I got so emotional the other day over my friend's email was that she named her little daughter Maya. Maya is my Osho sannyas name which I have used over the last three years and this was the name I was using when I met my friend. However, in the middle of Richard's intensive course, I decided to go back to my given Turkish name Ahu. The reason was the realization after Richard's talks that naming was a mind game, it was just distraction from the real experience. I told myself that if I wanted to show dedication to mediation and/or I want to make changes in my life, I just do it, I do not need to change my name to do this... Well, it can be a powerful and significant thing, name changing, and I guess it was at the moment when I did but now I can and have to do these things without any symbolism... Also, as I was sitting in the weekend long meditation during the Intensive, I realized who is sitting there was the same person, whom I was kidding? just have to do it, instead of creating distractions, that was it...

On the other hand, of course Maya is a good name. When I get home, I have to write some quotes from Ka where it talks about Maya, really nice... I am happy she named her daughter Maya...

No comments: