Sunday, March 21, 2010

Quiet week...

This was a calm week. Not much happening. The weather has been super hot and I have been feeling more tired and having an understanding of siesta culture... I even had a nap one afternoon! The practice has been okey, feeling more settled with it and today's led intermediate was less tortures... well Sharath's count is not exactly 5 breaths, more like 10 breaths, rite?... But no new postures yet... During led I am thankful that I finish so early but during Mysore classes I can for sure do more... I wonder how those guys pull off all that Karandavasana, Nakrasana, I guess you just put yourself on automatic gear or something...

On the other hand, Flora left this Tuesday for France. She decided to empty the house and I was suppose to move to another place but Mari's friend Sandra showed up and stayed with us couple of nights. She is here for a month, doing Bharath's TT. Just couple of nights before we both were suppose to move, I looked at her and said why don't we make an offer to the landlord for 3 more weeks since the rent was paid for most of March. I am here until April 7 and she is here until April 10, it could work out. So, just like that, the next day we talked to the land lord and he accepted our offer since he would not be able to find anyone at this time... The funny things is that I and my new flat mate are born in the same day, I am just one year older.

Tuesday, I went to this tailor who is a bit further away. The first time I went with Dev; Dev is the one who knows where he is. On Friday afternoon I was going to go back to pick up my stuff (yes that soon!) and on Wednesday I told Dev to pick me up but then he forgot. Therefore, I had to find the place own my own, and I did fine until very close but then got confused, called the tailor, with his little English it was difficult but he understood me somehow and then I told him that I am in front of the school, and he came there to take me to his place. Now, I know where he is exactly! And as I thought that I don't have more things to get done since I am trying to keep the luggage small, this morning I went to town with Sandra and her friends from her TT and got more fabulous fabric! Now I am stuck with them, I am not sure whether to make things here or take them home and get them made into something home... Here it is always a gamble. The dress he made is really okey but about the shirt he made I am still not sure.. so with these new fabrics, I really want everything to work good because I really like them... what to do, gotta a decide...

This week, I also began chanting at home after practice. Well, I am trying to be consistent with what I do after practice... After shavasana, if the changing room is not full, I stay longer to do the pranayama I learned from Rolf or I go home and do it but it is kind of nice to do it right after. Then I come home and I put one of the recordings from Richard's intensive and chant the mantras we were chanting. Kumar told me that chanting Gayatri mantra will help quiet my busy mind so I will add that also. I might as well go to Jayashri these last couple of weeks few times a week. Soon I will chant alone at home all I want, so I should take advantage of being here and get my lazy bum out to chant with other students... it is always more powerful, no?

Now I need to do my sanskrit homework and then it is conference time...

3 comments:

Boodiba said...

I'm glad it worked out that you can stay where you are! It always feels like a hassle to move when you're not in town much longer anyway.

I wonder if I will even go to India next year! I am totally done with Mysore and I doubt I'd want to go back to Rolf because I don't want any Iyengar influence. If I do return to the country next winter, it might be to go someplace entirely new with the intention of actually being a tourist, and not focusing on practice.

Ahu said...

I have been contemplating about going back to R&M as well... I might go along with Sharath for a while, his approcah seems to suit me better at this time. Although I miss Rolf already... I am always in between...
I find being a tourist in India very difficult, I can't do it alone P)

Boodiba said...

I hear you about traveling about within India alone! The only time I ever took a significant side trip I had company. I've been dreaming of a pony trek through parts of the Indian Himalayas for years, but I'd want a travel companion for that for SURE.

I like to plan way, way ahead, but for now I'll give myself a month to settle in & just be where I am. I'll probably decide by mid summer whether I'm going back to India next Jan and where.