Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The first night, the first practice in the new place

Last night, I spent my first night in my new apartment. Well, I actually do not see this as my “new home” since it is a temporary agreement between my friend and I. I have subletted my friends place for at least 6 months; this is the agreement. She took away her personal stuff and I have brought my personal stuff, and that was it. Of course, the first night sleep was a bit patchy because I am now in a more busy area (but much more fun!) and for that reason, I cannot keep the window open given that I have one of the lightest sleeps, but then we still have August heat here… Therefore, I also need to bring my fan…
After the patchy sleep, I woke up with a bit difficulty at 6 A.M. but I did. The practice in a new place was a bit off balance… I guess I was pretty used to the practice in the middle of busy furniture living room of my parents ☺ Well, I was also a bit nervous about bothering the people downstairs with my jump backs. This is an old building and the floors are wooden… hopefully I am not bothering anyone. I am assuming that there is no bedroom below my living room!?
One development with my practice is after flipping smoothly during my in the middle of the room pincha mayurasana try out on my birthday, I did try it again two mornings later and then I did not flip but had the sense of a balance spot, I actually balanced for a second… so after that I have been trying it every morning, how else it will come through, rite?
I want to comment to one of the posts by V since I cannot comment directly because of Wordpress ban in this country. I actually admire your seriousness about the practice very much. While working in another job full time, still coming to practice every morning, that is indication of great dedication! That is giving majority of your free time to your practice… and then going into real life and dealing with people who might be so far from what lies in your heart…

2 comments:

(0v0) said...

Ahu, if you can get to this page, it might be useful to you given the firewall thing. Good luck.

http://www.picidae.net/

Yogamum said...

I always find the first night in a new place rather restless! Hope you continue to settle in and enjoy your new space.