Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back from Berlin

I got back from Berlin last night. It was such a blessing to meet Nancy and study with her even if it was just for 9 days. This was just what I needed, I cannot believe that I have considered not going because of hassle of getting a Visa, etc… This workshop was the best thing I have done this year. It provided me the support I needed so much and made me feel good about my practice instead of apologetic. Nancy’s traditional approach is very nice and suits me just right. Her explanation of the way we do things and why we do them in ashtanga is very informative, and also her stories of studying with Guruji are great! This was such a learning from the source kind of experience. The best thing about Nancy is that she does not hold back information or people from moving forward with their practice. She teaches in the way Guruji taught them when they were learning in 1970s, so she is not conservative with introducing more advainced series to students. On the other hand, Nancy is very humble; she does not have that aura of unreachable teachers. She asks other people’s opinion when answering a question, but ultimately she is very clear. Therefore, I am relieved from confusions, which drew me nuts this past few months…
I don’t know, I don’t remember how I found out about this workshop but it was one of the things that was sent on my way to encourage me, to recharge me… The first few days, I kept repeating how happy I am that I came to this workshop. Also, practicing with other devoted people every morning was so good, and inspiring. I have been missing the company of such a group of people. Of course, now I am back to lonely practice one more time, but I should be charged a bit to go on by myself for a while. I will write more about what we have discussed during the workshop…

1 comment:

creyogini25 said...

welcome back! i am thrilled that berlin and nancy helped to replenish your practice well. can't wait to hear all about it......xo S.