Monday, July 31, 2006

Wednesday is the beginning of a new journey maybe!?

I think with the last asana being assigned to my primary series practice I had a confidence boost with my backdrops. Maybe they will come along soon…
Sunday, I did this mini cleanse, only had two little boiled apples and boiled broccoli. I know some people eat nothing, they do a proper fast but I think I am in no shape to that, especially with my coffee addiction. I did self practice at home and then tried the survive the whole day with a headache and a squeezing stomach… I realized how much I consume in a day so that I have much more energy! I thought I would be pretty okay with broccoli and apple; maybe if I had coffee also… but then it would not serve the purpose… Well, I survived the morning practice at the studio this morning, little dizzy and weaker… My teacher came to my place for lunch. So, I will begin helping her with adjustments this Wednesday. The plan is I helping her every Wednesday from 6:30 am till 7:30 am when it is the busiest; then I will do my own practice. My only concern is people freaking out because my teacher forgot to announce that I will be helping her last Friday before the talk through… Maybe it is time to get out of my shell and just be…

3 comments:

Tiff said...

Ah, a mini cleanse...I should try that...I really should cut sugar out of my diet, I mean the unrefined sugar. I bet it would make a difference, not sure. :-)

Clare said...

Well done you - my detox starts today and I have already had a coffee - ooops.
Organic muesli, strawberries, grapes, apple and bananas are my main foodstuff today.

Good luck with the assisting, you will be fine :-)

Ahu said...

Once I heard that in Chinese, the word for sugar also means white death or something like that... I hardly eat white sugar anymore, and try baking with molasses, maple syrup and/or sweeten with dried fruits... but even in natural form it is not as bad, still need to have much less sweet stuff.
Well, slowly I hope one can discipline oneself... also that coffee is so addictive... I totally drink it because I love the taste so much but then of course end up being hooked to the caffeine...