Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Guruji!

Today is 91st birthday of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois! And also a moon day, so no practice but of course I practiced sufficiently in my dream. Yes, what is up with me dreaming about ashtanga almost every night? Sometimes I get really overwhelmed with this excitement. I guess something is changing within me, I am not sure what it is but all my energy is being channeled to a different direction that I am about to discover or already at the process of discovering. Well, I guess it all makes sense, all these things are happening just before my Saturn return, which is all about leaving dysfunctional habits, jobs, friendships and so on behind; it is about pruning one's life. If I am not wrong, I believe this fits well with ashtanga yoga, which initially prunes our bodies and then our minds and then our lives... The other week, when I was talking to my teacher, I mentioned if there is something wrong with being so obsessed with our practice and she told me how she was when she first began (practicing twice a day!) And then she said that there is time for everything and this can be time for you to be so focused on your practice. Since I practice absolutely whole-heartedly, with dedication and at the same time, with respect to my body, I guess it is the time for me to be so focused in my practice. On the other hand, I think practicing ashtanga has begun to change my perception in life. It gives me strength to see I end up doing postures that I thought it was impossible to do when I was first introduced to them… I just realize that with time, and with practice and patience, there should be so much we can accomplish in this world… Ohhh also, because of ashtanga I managed to begin meditating. It has always been a tough for me to meditate but I fear that if I don’t meditate, my practice might be lacking something… Well, I suppose whatever the reason one meditates for, it is always beneficial…

No comments: