Friday, July 21, 2006

Self practice in Istanbul

Spend almost a week at home, in Istanbul and I am proud of myself because I practiced every morning! The reason I made this trip home is because I broke one of my teeth and I am really paranoid of going to dentists other than mine after what happened in NYC four years ago. As a result, I had to have a dental surgery on my lower jaw, in which they had to drill into my bone… Ok, enough of my teeth problems.
Tuesday I went to Yogasala , thinking that they had a led ashtanga class because there was a visiting teacher who was supposedly teaching ashtanga. The schedule said, “open” and that usually means all levels… So, I went but then it turned out that people like vinyasa flow classes better (?!) so she did vinyasa flow. What I think about the class… well, it was fine, since it was a change… but then you know some of it just seems like aerobic movements and then she was pulling postures from ashtanga here and there. But what is so good in ashtanga is that each postures prepares, leads you to the next one! But when you pull postures from here and there you are not really there yet! You are not warmed up, opened up enough… This is my personal opinion. Maybe I a bit bias…
Anyways, today I am flying back to London. I miss practicing at the studio, with people so much! It makes such a big difference, so much more motivating… and of course having my teacher help me with postures, especially with backdrops! Yes, did no backdrops this week… but did my backbends.
Okay, another thing I did not mention is that last week my teacher asked if I want to help her with adjustments in class! Yes, this was a big shocker for me! But very exciting at the same time. She will first show me how to…

No comments: