Saturday, May 02, 2009

Full week, whole week

Yes I have been very quiet this week… Well, my mind was busy with stuff… some stuff related to health… some stuff related to travel…

First, I had the dentist shock and then de-shock… The cap over my root canal which came out in Mysore and replaced by Dr. Kuttapa popped out like a coke bottle cap and so I had to go to my dentist… He made a new one but they wanted to charge me a huge amount of money… it was the cap he made which broke in the first place, it was just a year old maybe… Of course, I was shocked with the amount of the bill and I did not have the required money with me at that moment. After I got home, we called the dentist back to make sure about this price… and contrary to his secretary, he told us that I was not to pay anything!!!! Good thing we rechecked it; otherwise, I would pay a large amount for something that I was not suppose to pay for.

Then my knee… been bothering me, bothering me… David did a homeopathy session but he never gave me the medicine to cure it. Therefore, at the end, I had to give up and go to a regular doctor. I went to a private hospital by my house to see a doc and he wanted MR but that was soo expensive in that hospital, I had to walk out and go to the non-private Emergency hospital across the street to have it done… That was a mad house. I waited for 2 hours, watched the people. Not cheerful environment at all… Then I made friends with the two pairs of daughter-mom… One of the mothers was a reiki master. She gave reiki to my knee and told me some ways to protect myself from negative energy; one way is using rock salt. (I have reiki 2, why am I not using reiki on my knee? Uhh…) Well, then at the end of 2 hours, I got to get examined by the cute young doctor. He did almost the excite same examination the doctor in the private hospital did where I was charged more than ten times for his examination. The cute doctor was much nicer and receptive of my yoga practice. He also wanted a MR, which costs much less, like less than 1/10 of the private hospital… But of course I waited 2 hours and the MR will be done next Friday, not like right at the moment as it would be in the private hospital. This showed me that I need to get a health insurance… The reiki master mom told me that health insurance is not so expensive compare to the bills they charge for one thing in the private hospitals…
Of course this whole experience was something… like a reality check. How I and my family and people around me live compare to all those people I got to watch in those 2 hours seemed totally different. The circumstances, the drive of people seem all different. Really old, sick people in the hospital beds been taken from one place to another… one grandfather being visited by his grandchildren and he was distributing all these cookies and candy to children, even to us… then the man who tried to hit the secretary who would not want to take him for examination because the time for examinations were over, he was late… then the Doctor who examined me called me “my teacher” when he heard I was teaching yoga, and I shyly told him I am also a student.. He said he wants to try yoga. I was so ashamed because his work circumstance compare to mine was totally different, reverse, difficult and the way some patience were treating them, telling them they were being paid salary by their money and they had to serve them and serve them and serve them… and in fact, he mumbled his salary at one moment and yeah it is very minimal. I thought of the doctor in the private hospital… how much more he makes… probably he is more experienced, he probably does operations. This young doctor examined my knee the same way, I hope he is also as good and he also gets to work in a private hospital and earn more accordingly for his skills at one point... Well, with the knee, it hurts, kind of worse, and there is bruising over the knee towards the inside and then same kind of bruise with the right one also appeared. What is going on with my knees? I also think of it as more emotional? Knees symbolizes fear? Fear of what? Ohhh I doonuu… I just know that I want healthy knees…

Then, planning to visit London for a week at the end of May. That has been tricky so far. A friend told me that I can stay with her but then she kind of back down or something like that. She has some traveling coming up and she does not know her excite dates and then it was a bit weird at the end with the communication. Therefore, I was almost giving up the idea of going until I came across a friend from Mysore at facebook chat. He also lives in London. I was telling him I want to visit London but not sure if it will happen and he aid ohh come and stay with me…. I was like “u sure?” It turned out he is sure and he gave me the information I need for Visa application right away and I applied for the Visa that I need to visit almost most countries… Hopefully, it will be all set and I will be in London to see and study with Cary, socialize a bit with other ashtangis, go around the city, have a bit of a vacation to feed myself and to come back and teach full power!

Now, time to decide whether I want to do an Inversions and Back bending workshop with Nicol this afternoon.. I am kind of lazy...

No comments: