Sunday, November 02, 2008

Cooking class, walking around...

Friday, we did a cooking class with Tina. She taught how to make Chole and Aloo Gobi. Tina is a great teacher! In the beginning, she goes through the spice box, tells us the use and benefits of the each spice in the box and then also which oils to cook with etc… She cooks northern Indian food since she is from Bengal. I did one of her cooking classes during my first time here in Mysore; then she taught how to make palak paneer and vegetable kurma and I made the palak paneer at home afterwards with making the paneer and all as she taught… Well, this time also, she told us the benefits of fenugreek seeds and leafs with digestive properties, also the ginger with its digestive and decongestant properties, and of course turmeric and its internal and external healing properties… Then she continued with cooking the two dishes. At the end, she also showed us how to make roti dough and how to bake it over the skillet. Of course, after all this, we sat down for a feast!!!

Friday night, there was also a Halloween party at some yoga students’ house. We dropped by for a bit. They had a really nice house; the party was at their terrace…

Saturday was just very random. I had to run to Anu’s in the morning to do internetting. Then I went back home and stepped out again to buy minutes for my cell phone and I came across to Jonathan on the way. He was going by Green Leaf to take care some things, so I joined him. After he took care of his business, we had coffee at Coffee Day and then he wanted to go to Fab India. We went to Fab India, just looked around, did not buy anything and from there, we walked to the Palace… Actually, we were trying to find this restaurant we heard from someone, Om Shanti, a thali restaurant. We thought we could walk there but as we arrived to the Palace and after asking few people, we decided it was worth taking a rickshaw. We arrived to the restaurant but it was crazy crowded because tour buses kept bringing Indian tourists to the place. On top of every table, another family was waiting so the eating one would finish and they could sit. After 10 minutes, I said this is insane I am not going to stand over anyone who is eating and not let them enjoy it and I am not going to eat when some other people standing over us waiting for us to finish eating… Luckily, the man at the cashier was nice enough to reimburse us for the thali tickets I bought. After this, we walked around, not really knowing where we were and then took another rickshaw to go to the new Dasprakash hotel. There, we had a nice thali and then we walked back to Gokulam!

This morning’s led class was fine. For some reason, waking up for 4:30 AM led class on Friday mornings is really difficult while I wake up by myself on Sunday mornings at the same time for the led class. I wander if it is because after Friday morning, my body expects to wake up at that time again on Sunday and then it forgets during the whole week until Friday or just the rest day on Saturday makes it easy to wake up… One thing tough, my left knee is bothering me. I am not sure what is going on with it… My right knee, which was bothering me when I arrived here is doing pretty well, and now the left one is poking me… I will just watch and see and maybe do some hip openers in the mornings before the practice..

Today, after breakfast we went to the Organic market. I got some green salad that I cannot wait to eat for lunch! It has been a month since I had salad!!!

No comments: