Monday, November 10, 2008

Acroyoga

Today, I started Mysore massage-Acroyoga Level I course, which is taught by Wane from Miami. It is Monday through Friday that means I will miss Friday class because I am leaving in the morning for Goa (both ☺ and ☹ )… Therefore, I am having a glimpse of something new: acroyoga-partner yoga… I am partners with Scott, I think we are having quite fun together. Today, after doing backpack, fire man and cave man, which were pretty cool way of stretching each other and also adjusting in down dog while preparing to cave man, we learned flying. I can fly well since Scott is able to get me up in the air but the challenge was me getting Scott up in the air. First, it felt like impossible but then I figured out that it was all about balancing properly. T Then I could get him up in the air and then also could drop him (ooppss!). Well, luckily he was not hurt. We tried again and again… It helps built strength when you are helping the other fly and then if you are the one up, it is about using your muscles and bandhas properly to balance up there and getting into different postures and also lots of fun! At the end of all this, we gave each other savasana massage; that was pretty nice and needed!

This morning, practice was good as well. Now I am doing up till Kapotasana and then backbends feel great!

No comments: