Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The black cat is dead!

This morning was not easy to wake up. I was still tired and my body was achy… Still crawled out of bed and then I did some hip openers because I am having knee pain… It was my right knee when I arrived and as I expected the right knee pain went away after few weeks practicing in the shala but then my left knee began aching… It is different kind of pain than the right knee had. For the right, the pain was at the back of the knee, with the left, pain is more inside of the knee… so I am just watching it, taking care of it… So if I do just basic hip openers by the wall, it helps a bit.

But lets come back to the body after Acroyoga. I began thinking that I am not cut for acroyoga. Maybe this is not right… it was just my first time yesterday… well, yesterday, I could feel my legs getting achy… this morning, my upper arms, my right wrist, my buttocks, my legs were all achy and I Was tired so the practice was not easy… I did not have that vibrancy I had yesterday morning… I guess taking this course was not the best decision in my last week at the shala. Well, I was not expecting such dynamic class, since it said Mysore massage and acroyoga etc… but it is what it is… Going back to practice, after I did my last backbend on the floor, Sharat came and smiled and did a gestures with his hands which I interpreted as he was pleased with my Kapotanasana… then he waited me to finish my drop backs with which I got a bit nervous because he was in front of me waiting… then the holding the ankles. He is very smooth with that, and today I could balance on my own after he got me there…

So, to go back to acroyoga or not? Well, I went back today… This time, I paired up with Donna… she was having difficulty working with Chris as I was having difficulty working with Scott… well, just being able to hold up men is much more difficult because of strength and weight differences. I can say it was better with Donna but still, I feel like I am the weakest link. I cannot hold her up much long. But I went through another day.

By the way, this afternoon, I stopped by the shala to tell Sharat that this Friday will be my last day. He said "ohh okey" and I thanked him and told him that I want to come back when he is teaching again (the rumors of him taking a break etc.). I asked whether to check on his web site and he said yes and he asked whether I know his website or not and then he went inside to give me his card. His card is very nice, full of the wild life photos he has taken...

What else there is? Ohhh you mean the title? That is the black cat. You remember the black cat which was waking up in the middle of the night and pissing on my window? He is dead because someone poisoned him. My sister called few minutes ago in tears. She said that she found him in her garden dead with foams in his mouth which means someone poisoned him. My sister had been feeding her along with other street cats and as you all know, he liked to hang out in her garden so he came back to the garden to die because it was like his home. I wish that he is peaceful wherever he is now...

No comments: