Thursday, November 06, 2008

Moving along nicely…

Yesterday the shala was closed, so again we practiced at the studio above where Colette stays… She and her housemates were nice to invite us again… The space where you practice makes such a big difference and also practicing with others…
After practice, I and Tatyana went to Tina’s for breakfast… Afterwards, I walked to the lake and around the lake and back with Terry… On the way, we stopped by Austrian café and had lunch… it was nice to have more of a Western food… Well, in Goa, the food will be great :)

This morning, practice was fine. I did up till Ustrasana since that was my homework for Wednesday. Then did my backbends and got up for drop backs. At that moment, I heard Sharat asking “what did you do?” so I looked over to see if he was talking to me and yes he was. I said Ustrasana , and then he said do Laghu Vajrasana , as I did I heard him say “himm good” and so he said Monday Kapotasana ”. I am happy about this! I really wanted to get to Kapotasana before I leave Mysore; I did not expect this to happen but life is full of surprises!

Today, I sent a package to home through Rashinkars. I do not want to travel heavy… I did some shopping here… bags from Lokesh, some pillow cases, then couple of books… (yes I read the “Health, Healing, and Beyond Yoga and the Living Tradition of Krishnamacharya” book so it is also sailing…) and then for my mom, I got some Ayurvedic soaps she likes… It was not much stuff ; I guess, more weight you send, less you pay but still it was not bad… Rashinkars is a good place to send things, but they do not do only books. If you are sending lots of books, it is better to send them separately from the post office; the book rate is very cheap!

No comments: