Friday, June 30, 2006

I love being in a good mood!

At the moment, I am in a very good mood. Today, I learned that I passed all my exams! So, getting closer to go to Mysore. Yes, now my ultimate aim is to write a decent dissertation, hence complete my masters program properly, without disgrace, and then fly to Mysore and yes, I am saying it officially, I want to spend three months in Mysore.
My practice… My teacher added two more postures this week, so only one left to be doing the whole primary series. And the backdrops… did I mention the forehead drop that I did last week? Yes, my teacher asked me to the backdrop without her holding me and all I can remember is I was going down slowly and then suddenly I hit my forehead really loudly on the floor and I was there, lying on my back and my teacher was looking at me with worried eyes. She said, “That was really loud, are you okay? Are you dizzy, are you seeing stars?” Well, I was all right. Only, I woke up the next morning really early and kept going in my head “ how do they do it? It is impossible! How do you stay stable while going back?” Apparently, it is not impossible, but I need to work on them a bit more before I try them myself again… I asked what I did wrong since I don’t remember what happened. She said that I could not keep my arms straight after a point. Well, the thing is I go really slowly up to a certain point but after that point I go really fast, kind of loosing the control. Thus, I need to control all the way down and of course also believe that I can do it (Adam said “you fell really loudly : ) ! But your backdrops are really good, it is in your head, you need to be confident). On the other hand, headstands are getting better. Wednesday I stood up at free floating for about 15 breaths, okay I need to be doing them for 25 minutes. Ohh, then I have my little problem with bhuja pindasana . My feet, especially the right one gets stuck on the floor and I cannot lift it up, so I can move freely back and forth. I get stuck with my head on the floor each time and vigorously try lifting my chest, so I can move on to straightening my legs and then they take them back to chaturanga , you know it is time to be doing this!
I am so excited that I passed all my exams! Now, I am going off to a friend for a barbecue. I will also practice on Sunday; my teacher invited me to her house to practice together. Yes, I am now going for the formal 6 days a week!

1 comment:

Clare said...

Congratulations on passing your exams! Wow, you are going to go to Mysore for 3 months.... I am so jealous!

Good luck with your dropbacks, I am sure you will get there soon :-)