Friday, January 20, 2012

till mysore


This morning there were only two people the first 30 minutes of the class.  And then suddenly as if they were all at a party together last night, the rest of them came at the same time.  I donnu why I thought as if they were out together…  this is how my mind makes connections I guess…  weird… but it was nice that they came J and I managed to get them in and out timely so I could run out to get to the consulate timely…

Well, I ran to the Indian consulate to apply for my visa. The same lady who has been at the desk since I began my India trips asked me “Miss Ahu, when was the last time you were in India?”  and I smiled and said “last January but I got there from Thailand.”  And then she looked at my form and documents, she gave back some of them… she asked me whether I was going to India to learn Yoga or to practice Yoga… as much as I did not know how to answer this, I said “to practice yoga”… I was about to hand in the Visa fee; however, she told me not to pay yet and to please wait (!) just about the same time the consulate left his room…  Ohh so then I got a bit worried, began thinking what if they don’t give me the visa, we got the tickets, rented a place to stay, what if I cannot go, then what happens, how do I see N, also told the shala I am coming, and I am dying to go, well really wanting to be there and to practice and to see my friends, but most importantly, what do we do?  Bought the tickets, not returnable, not cheap…  I sat back and began waiting.  Visa service guys coming with 10 passports… a guy, a lady… waiting… the consulate came in… and after a while she called me, asked for the fee and I asked “is it a problem that I go so often?”  But as I asked the question, someone else barged in and while she was answering him, she forgot about my question and I did not want to ask again… so I left.  The passport to be picked up same day at 5PM… well until I get the passport and see the Visa, I am not sure. Waiting game, luckily a very short one. 

Other then that, it is a cold grey day.  I am waiting… waiting… waiting…  It is like Cara-Kali’s “no sleep till Mysore”…  such an appropriate name…



in Mysore city, outside of Devaraj market

No comments: