Monday, April 19, 2010

Rolling...

So, teaching is fun as always… of course this time will not last so long, Peter is back next week. In June I will be teaching the Mysore classes again, then for a month. I have to say that couple of them are just seeing me as this one who is filling in for Peter (which is the case) and they dismiss my suggestions… that is all right, I know when to make it clear that I am now teaching in that room and when to let go… On the other hand, I really like that some of my old students are there, it is nice to have familiar faces around, so I am not the total stranger and already I am getting to know others… Over all, it is a good environment and it is a nice reminder of how much I enjoy teaching... Though I will need to make some effort to teach some privates or something during the month of May.

Practice is okay. Yesterday I was feeling super tired, weak and stiff! I don’t usually feel stiff so that was surprising… Still I made it through fine. This morning it was better. I had more power, even though waking up part was still difficult. I guess waking up part is never so easy for me unless I am in Mysore and it is so hot that I cannot sleep and I just get antsy and hiper so the best thing to do is to practice… But then this time I am in much better situation because I don’t have a super long practice; therefore, I wake up at the same time I used to last year but I can take my time to actually wake up. I can do some hip openers, I can sit idly and try to open my eyes ☺ Then I am ready to do my practice. I even do some mini salutations as we used to do with Richard. Those are nice because they get you slowly into the movement, and the legs begin waking up…

Then… I am already making plans for August! I know August is far but I am very tempted about this one workshop. I feel similar to the time when I wanted to go for Nancy Gilgoff workshop, which I ended up going to and which had been very healing for me at the time… and now again I am feeling that this teacher will be helpful for me, so I will do it… really excited already!

Also…. I could not help smiling to myself today. I kept saying that I don’t want to travel in India again, that it is too difficult, too tiring, etc, etc… but then I found myself today looking for Gokarna and then I wanted to google “how to get from Mysore to Gokarna” thinking about my next trip already :p… dreaming is nice. I will see how the visa think will work out, what kind of visa they will give, how much time they will give to be in India and if that would leave sometime to explore…

Uhh my sister is stuck in London. She was suppose to be back yesterday from her trip but the ashes, the volcano, you all know… I hope it will not last too long. She left before I could spend sometime with her… and also it might be getting too costly for her.

5 comments:

Boodiba said...

I don't want to go to Mysore again, THAT is for sure. Probably not India to study either. Am too sick of coming back to my apartment to find things missing and/or broken. It's in bad enough shape as it is & I suck at domesticity. My books still smell like cigarettes...

Also my practice situations are so much better at home! They're better and cheaper!

I'll have to find a new way to escape periodically though, since I can't afford to travel in the US or Europe really.

Ahu said...

my dear, if I had the option I would also think as you do... an I would just go away for holidays... it sucks that I cannot study with a good teacher where I live... karma I guess.. my karma wants me to travel and make travel plans while at home :)

Boodiba said...

Actually I think more astangis are in your kind of situation than mine, judging by the people I've met in India.

Plus if you start teaching that only makes it harder to be able to practice with a teacher, even here in NYC. You are generally working when they are too!! I know if I ever start teaching regularly I'm going to have to be more independent. John should be good practice for that. He checks in with me occasionally, but it's more like practicing on my own in big room than any other place I've been except Guruji's.

Ahu said...

but does that mean I will not see you in the future!? :(

Boodiba said...

Oh that's the thing. I'm going to miss seeing all my global buddies!!!! Sigh.