Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Rabbit like

This week is uber hot in the shala. Yesterday was a very sweaty practice but today it was even more! I could feel the sweat dripping from my shoulders and arms already during Parsvakonasana. And today I did not have much power... and this is because I think my not eating much at all... With this heat, I think my Vata has been rising and rising (yes there is a Vata heat also) and I cannot eat much. Lunch has been very poor for the last few days and since Peter and Selin left, I do not go out to eat once in a while which would compensate for the other days. Therefore, at home it is carrots, cucumber, beetroot, raddish, one does not get more rabitty than this I guess :) Of course, I eat lots of nuts but being a Vata I don't digest them, after a certain amount, they just go out, otherwise I would be a size of an elephant. Well, I eat fruits but it says in The Hatha Yoga Pradipika that eating fruits only is not enough for a yogi... (Not that I claim to be a yogi, I am not sure if it will be possible this life time...) And this morning was an indicator that I actually need to eat some more. The good thing is that I am going home where it is not super hot so I will eat more. But the downside of this is I am already nervous about being home... Need to stay away from any kind of drama when I am there, from family dramas, from yoga scene dramas, from dramas in my mind...

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Hmmm... what you are saying about the vata heat and not wanting to eat makes a lot of sense to me all of a sudden, I never thought they could be related...

I'm with you on the avoiding drama at home, it is the best medicine of all! :-) hope you regain energy, how about a nice dosa at at the Gokulam Chats, is that how it is called? I remember them being irresitible... although if it is too hot...

Ahu said...

Gokul Chats... yes, good dosas... well, I am home now and I will for sure eat more since my mom filled my fridge with some yummy home cooked food to welcome me! and it is not hot here in Istanbul, actually quite chilly which feels nice