Thursday, April 15, 2010

Being back home...

Been back home since last Thursday. It was a long trip to get home. I took the taxi (well, that was a luxury…) from Mysore to Bangalore, about a 4-hour drive. The new Bangalore airport is really nice so I was happy to get there and I even did a last minute shopping :p… Then I flew to Bombay which felt longer than hour and a half, I donnu if it was longer… Then the flight to London from Bombay. That felt pretty quick and I was in London early morning. I was really happy to be at Terminal 5 in Heathrow. I got good coffee, I got some breakfast food (ok, I don’t think rabbits eat yogurt and granola so no rabbit food) then I went to Kiehl’s booth and got the dry argan oil they have and some more stuff. (dear Linda that was my retail therapy!) Kiehl’s is not cheap but I really like their products; I feel that the money I spent is well worth. After three hours I had to run to my flight to Istanbul, yes I was a bit late, himm I got into the plane 8 minutes before the flight, but then we had to wait around a bit, so I did not have to feel guilty... What torturous was that we had to wait in the air for a while after we arrived to Istanbul, I was very much over being in the plane, flying… After we landed it was pretty quick to get out of the airport, but then there was Istanbul afternoon traffic waiting for me… I thought my head was going to explode as I sat in the traffic. When I arrived home, it was nice though. My friend who subletted my apartment took good care of my place… and it just felt good to be home!

The first morning I practiced the primary series since it was a Friday, I did a very mellow primary and it was good. I was thinking I might practice Saturday since I skipped Thursday due to traveling but then I was just tired… lazy… Instead I slept and then met with my sister and went to see an art exhibition of a friend which was really funny… Sunday I went to Peter’s class and also today and also Tuesday. Sunday felt a bit intense, doing only second here for the first time after travelling… well it is not hot here yet and after coming from Mysore where it was super hot and had been practicing in the shala which was full of 70 people, it feels a bit different… still lucky that I had the chance to practice with others rather than alone my first few days. During the moon day, Wednesday, I practiced the standing sequence to one of the led classes by Richard from the Teacher Intensive, which was recorded by dear Sascha.

And today… I began teaching, covering for P who will be away for 10 days. I was a bit nervous last night because it has been 6 months since I stopped teaching… but it was all right. I guess now it is a natural environment for me… and then there are few more things to share since the intensive with Richard and Mary which makes it exciting... to my chance there were also two ladies who were newbies… that was fun…

10 comments:

Boodiba said...

Retail therapy!! I'm stuffed in a very cute & trendy pair of Delia's 0s. They're a teenage clothing company and it's necessary for me to buy teenage jeans if I want a snug fit. $20!!! Can't go wrong. I love beauty products though, even if nothing can remove decades. For body oil my absolute fav is Dr. Haushka Moor Lavender Oil. They make a reg lavender and the moor kind, which is herbier smelling, not floral at all. I LOVE it :)

Glad you are home safe & sound.

Ahu said...

thanks Linda... I hope I will stay safe and sound at home :)

Boodiba said...

Are you so happy to be home? I was humming Frank Sinatra to myself for at least a week!!!

Ahu said...

I am really happy to be home which feels almost unreal! hopefully it will stay like this. Usually this is not the case but this time I realized that home is HOME. I will still travel to India but I guess not for an escape or a search...

Boodiba said...

Oh wow. We have had very similar... "processing". I think that if I do go to India again it'll be with a focus on travel, not mainly to study yoga. I'm still interested in Rishikesh, for practice with Louise Ellis, and exploring further north. I do NOT want to sublet my place again though.

Ahu said...

I think I will go back to study with Sharath...

Boodiba said...

He seems good for you so it makes sense.

Claudia said...

Hi Ahu, welcome home!, good, I am left wondering what was it that you eat at Heathrow 5... hee hee that was not rabbit food! :-)

StEvE said...

Hi Ahu. I just found your blog last week and have enjoyed it since.

I got back home from Mysore in March, and I know just how you feel. For me it was a case of really missing the shala, but nice to have 'home' things to do during the daytime and evening. No power cuts, and car horns is kind of nice too. That said, I'm already yearning for my next visit, and wondering if I can get one in before waiting for a whole year!

Ahu said...

hi Steve! I have to say I also enjoy no power cuts... until next time!