Sunday, April 04, 2010

Bakasana B come please....

This week passed to quickly practice wise. It was just not enough because still I cannot do Bakasana B, I jump forward but the top of the feet first touch the floor and then I pull them up. At least Sharath does not punish me about it as I have been punished before... However, in every led intermediate, he comes behind me during Bakasanas (!). Today I attempted two jumps and no good, so he said "Bad". Huhhh, I guess he expects me to do it and I feel that I should be able to do it at this point but something, something, it is not coming... what is it? is it really my mind as Rolf has been telling me? I feel like I have gotten stronger and something in me is restless, telling me THAT i CAN DO IT BUT IT IS NOT COMINNGGGG! yeah kind of obsessed about this but then I think that I should just let it go, yes I should try but not obsess about it, it is just an asana... I don't know, I am funny like that, for a while, I was making joke about myself, whenever something went funny in my daily life, I would say it is because I cannot do Bakasana B... well, maybe at some point it will suddenly happen.. . but any tips would be appreciated even though have read many of them which are out there...

Yeah, the led intermediate classes are really intense, he makes us really work hard, I feel my heart racing as we go through the postures and each time as I come to my last pose (now it is Dwi) I am thankful that I have lasted fine... This morning I really tried hard to keep the head up in Dwi pada and it was better than the previous days but I know he will keep me there because of Bakasana B :P.

Well, Sunday is cleaning day in our house but the cleaning lady did not show up this morning and then we asked the landlord if he knew anyone. He sent a man. I had to guide him a little and he did clean the floors. Just half hour after he left, the lady came and I had to tell her that we called someone else because she did not show up... She told me a reason why she came late but I did not understand, and we are leaving soon I said no more. But also last week we were not at home when she cleaned and I think she skipped some steps like mopping the floors and then she asked me for more money... well, what to do , I gave her the money...

So my last three days in the shala this week. Wednesday I will take off from Mysore... there is lots to say about how it has been practicing in the shala this time but I will wait until the end...

7 comments:

Kali Om said...

Some tips:

-Look up as high as you can, and focus on nothing before you jump.

-Pretend that the upper arms are bullseyes, and knees are darts

-Pretend that the floor is made of lava, and your feet will be burned if they touch it.

-Offer the pose to God



(The last is the only part that matters).

Ahu said...

that is nice, thanks :)

peaceloveyoga said...

Yes. There always seem to be asanas that become thorns in our sides. :)

I've worked Bakasana B at different stages. In the beginning I started by bending my knees really deep and moving the weight more forward than up. That seemed to really help me. Then from there I worked on jumping higher and higher into it. However, the beginning stages were key in my mind making the connection as well as my body. (I wish I could show you live how the progressions worked)

You're such a hard worker though. There's no doubt it will come in time. All the best to you Ahu!!!! Much love! xoxo

Claudia said...

Hi Ahu Maya, I just stumbled upon your blog (from a link at Grimmly's) very happy to have found it and it is very nice to meet you, I am enjoying reading your about your journey... and good luck with Bakasana!!!

Boodiba said...

Mine is more mundane, but try jumping from a really "short" down dog, as in, the feet are closer to the hands than they might be in a regular down dog. And don't bother with any fancy, floaty flourishes. Just jump straight across.

I don't know if you've heard this before - I say it just in case you haven't.

Good luck!

Ahu said...

Thanks Linda and Laruga for the tips. Since Auroville where I met Monica, (just before coming to Mysore this time) I have been bendign the legs deeply and trying to jump forward, with her advice... that has been much better than the way R&M have been insisting me doing, the floating up like half handstand type. but still not exactly there yet... I will hopefully get there in this life time :)

Thanks Claudia... nice to meet you too!

Boodiba said...

I don't know why R&M had you go for the "up" first rather than just the "forward". Laruga puts it really well.

I just stuck with the easier version because Baka B isn't a pose that I care so much about. I get fixated on others that I want to "perfect" but this isn't one of 'em.