Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Experimenting, rearranging...

So, it was good 10 days subbing for P. Until June, he takes over the Mysore classes again. Then, I will be teaching again for a month when he is in Mysore… It is very exciting that he is going for Sharath’s TT, and the second level!!!

Looking back to two weeks ago, I was so nervous the first day of teaching, and now I am much relieved to see that most of his students received me well. It was also nice to see that I did integrate some of the things I learned in Boulder from Richard and Mary. I can now do more studying of course… continue listening to recordings and reading the notes… and then experience, experiment… listen to the breath my body…

My own practice has been fine. Well, uhhh… I have to admit I went back to adding half of the primary to my practice as Richard suggested while I was in Boulder as an alternative to doing the whole primary and half of second. The reason that I do not go on with only second is that I do not want to get weaker since the strength part do not come very easily to me. If I were in Mysore and practicing with Sharath, I would be less concerned because he would move me on slowly, so the practice would be building up… However, now it will be where it is until September … Well, I added Yoga Nidrasana and (which is such a reliever) and Tittibhasana A , B, C, since I was given them by Rolf. Tittibhasanas were the last ones which were given by Rolf before I left Goa. I did them for the first time today since I left Goa. They are killer still, my legs get on fire ☺. I think now that if I did not upset Sharath by doing the right leg first in Dwi Pada Sirsasana when he asked me to show him that one time (I got that from M who kept wanting us to switch sides) (and of course also my head hanging down depressively did not help either) maybe he would have given me Yoga Nidrasana… Anyway, it is not important, I have enough to work on until I see him next time… and I will work on Dwi Pada and Tittibhasana, so when I am with him, it would be less of a challenge; yes Yoga Nidarasana sandwiched between those two is really a nice break, and I also need to work on the exist in Eka Pada… On the other hand, I have to admit that there is a difference between doing only second and combining it with primary! The intensity of doing only second is really strong, and I am not talking only about the physical intensity. One of these mornings as my mind was wandering while I was doing the first half of primary, I realized that when I do only second, also the focus of the mind is much greater! Therefore, I decided to practice twice a week only second, and there is only primary on Fridays and then the other three days are first or second half of primary with the intermediate… that sound ok, no? I asked Peter’s opinion about this and his response was “you are lucky that you can experiment, I did not have this choice…” I guess he had to go along with what he was told at the time…

Well, I am in a good place. I have plans to plan and not alone… and then things to look forward, especially August!!!

4 comments:

Grimmly said...

Re the strength issue in 2nd. In Kino's Intermediate DVD she mentions doing proper jump throughs, pretty much throughout the series, rather than those cool jump through straight into posture moves. She says it keeps the strength up. I kind of like those though so do my strength work in Standing, lots of handstands in the sury's etc also working on the slow controlled float back up to standing, all that stuff is good.

Maya, what is this Sharath TT? I think you mentioned it before, or I came across mention of it elsewhere. I'm assuming it's an attempt to standardize, just curious.

Ahu said...

hahaha, handstands in surya namaskars is a dream for me :) Therefore, I think that doing half of primary 3 times a week with the first half of intermediate and a a full primary once a week will keep me working on jump backs and jump troughs so on the strength work! Then I will see Kino in August and for sure I will ask her opinion/suggestion about all this...

Sharath's TT is a new thing... SInce last summer he is doing TT for his authorized teachers and the ones to be authorized... So, now on, when he invites someone to the TT, it means they are getting authorized... and yeah I assume to standardize.

Claudia said...

Hi Maya, sounds like you are in a great place, it is inspiring.. :-)

Ahu said...

thanks Claudia :)))