Monday, May 01, 2006

What is the journey?


They say, left side is our feminine side and so it is also about our ability to receive, on the other hand, our right side is masculine/giving side. As I move on in my practice, I realize that yoga is not only about physical fitness, stretching, strength building and doing all these in a more meditative state, aiding the mind as well. Yes, it is all these things, but it is also a vehicle that tells me about the blocks I have in my body which are related to my inner being. So far, every ache, every sour spot occurred on my left side: my knee, my hip, my ribs, my back, my neck, always the left side… I guess yoga is trying to give me a message. Maybe about being more receptive or more feminine… Well, I tried to put red lipstick and to paint my toes more often, but it is perhaps more than that…
While working on my postures, I am constantly reminded to take steps in my life also. This is really a life journey and I am only at the beginning…
Today was Bank Holiday here, in London and we did not have class. Tomorrow around 6 am we will all make our way to Yoga Place and begin our sun salutations… and then the week will begin.

No comments: