Saturday, May 13, 2006

Resting weekend

We have no moon day this month during the week since all of them are clumped on weekends. It means, every week we will go for a consecutive 5 days yoga which can be tough. Carry suggested that we get a massage this month. Well, I have no time for a massage since I am studying for my exams, which are coming up soon and also money wise... I can take a hot bath instead.
Today is full moon in Scorpio, it means I cannot go to Jane’s Saturday Ashtanga class since no practice on moon days for Ashtanga practitioners (yeah, I know I should be going on Sundays to a Mysore class at another yoga studio where they have Sunday self practice classes but it is so convenient when Yoga Place is so close and I like to see Jane once in a while, she was my first teacher at Yoga Place ). What about tomorrow? I think I will take a rest this weekend… I am being bad but I have another 5 days to go full time next week again.
Yesterday was talk through as every Friday. My yoga friends who have been to Sri K. Pattabhi Jois workshop in London last March say that my teacher is almost as fast as Sri K. Pattabhi Jois . Yes it is even more sweating on Friday mornings. By the way, my teacher also began meditation after talk throughs on Fridays. So far, I am the only attendee… but I don’t think I last longer than 30 minutes. I start getting dizzy after a while; however, I will stick with it and maybe begin meditating at home. I need to start supplement my practice with inner working if I am serious about my practice! Yes I think I am serious. Ashtanga seems to be the only thing that makes me grounded...

No comments: