Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ganga and this and that...

Last Wednesday morning I had a dream that got stuck in my mind… it was somehow powerful I guess. In my dream, I was pregnant and at the same time I was about to get married. The main thing in the dream was that I knew the baby was a boy and I wanted to name him Ganga. My friend, whom I was getting married to, was really against this. But I was really determined, I was saying that Ganga was such a good name and I already knew Baba Puri’s son and daughter, Ganga and Gangotri, who were brilliant, lovely people. My friend on the other hand was saying that so many people died by that river because of the conflict between India and Pakistan… well the river is not by Pakistan, but this is a dream… Anyways, I was not gonna change my mind, he was Ganga. According to some friends, being pregnant might indicate that I will give birth to something new, a new project, a new beginning, a job, etc…

Today is mom’s birthday. I spent most of the weekend with my parents. It was lovely in the island. We picked sour cherries and plums with my father in their garden. I love sour cherries even though they are really sour ☺ Mom was happy to be together. This morning I practiced in the living room. I sweated a lot at some point because the sun was just rising across… Then someone opened the door behind and the fresh island air came in. Afterwards, I had breakfast with mom…

For lunch, I met with C and D who are visiting Istanbul. They are here for one of their friends’ wedding. We went to a restaurant called Çiya which has regional food. This was also my first time in that restaurant. It was nice, we had lots of different kind of greens. The restaurant is on the Anatolian side. I came there directly from the island, they came from the European side. After lunch we took the boat back to the European side. While we were walking back to the port from the restaurant, I could not resist going into one of the dried fruits and nuts store. I got some dried figs and almonds, they got some dried apricots. Out from the store, C saw the olive oil soaps in another shop, so they got some of that. The boat ride was nice, it was very enjoyable since I was with two others who were really loving Istanbul, and curious about the city. I love the boat rides always but with friends like this, it was even better… Yeah, I felt all jolly when we said goodbye and parted ways. I hope they come back soon.

4 comments:

Chris Conn said...

Sounds like summer is fun for you:-) I don't know about Turkey but I've heard people in many places who call marijuana "Ganga".

Ahu said...

Hahaha, I know Ganga also can refer to marijuanna. it is also the sacred river, Ganges, you know? and in my dream I was thinking of that rather than the joint...
yes, summer is nice here, come and visit please...

Mulabhanda said...

hello! I have recently found your blog and read it every day now as I love it... the coincidence is that I also practice daily and was recently in Istanbul. To cut it short, I am now trying to move there and would love to ask you info about yoga in Istanbul. I am an Italian but living in London since 1998. Have you got an email I can email you on? (if you're ok with me asking obviously).
Will be back in Istanbul in September and hopefully I can visit some yoga places too this time... have a great day. Valentina

Ahu said...

hi Valentina! you can email me at maya@ashtangaistanbul.com