Thursday, March 26, 2009

Writing for clarity...

Time to write… Time to write to be clearer. As I write things usually became clearer, and they either dissolve or they become more solid.

By the way, happy moon day! Yeah very much needed moon day! Yesterday, I was pretty dizzy in the beginning of my practice, a bit heavy, felt like new moon, lazy energy. In the days I feel sluggish, after I begin the sitting positions, I usually recover from the dizziness and low energy… but standing postures makes me feel like uhum what am I doing? Well, still I was feeling a bit tired after practice while teaching and I had to teach another class after the Mysore class… which in fact helped me lift my energy. Surprisinging for myself, I was clear and precise … as oppose to being all over the place which can be expected during those low energy, low motivation days. Expect the unexpected, always? Well, actually the day turned out to be a full on day. After my class, I saw David who came from the hospital. They had a baby boy! He asked me if I wanted to go back to the hospital with him to see the baby and Zeynep and of course I could not say no since I wanted to very much! Yes, the baby is beautiful, and pretty grown up! We say Masallah in Turkey.

Afterwards, in the evening, there was a talk by Godfrey Deveruex on Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. He is a very smart and has interesting interpretations… At the end of his talk, I thought that they all give the same message, tell the same thing, “Everything is perfect, you are perfect, we are perfect, just relax and realize this fact…” Yes, Osho also always tells this… To be honest, Osho is the one who touches me the most with his speech. Anyways… so it was a night of getting together and listening to a Yoga master. I got terribly sleepy because of the heaviness I felt all day, not really because of waking up early, because I have late Friday nights usually and I feel okey. It is the new moon laziness, I am telling. And this morning my left eye feels like swollen, or a bit closed. I donnu why but the first thing came to my mind was feminine issues are crying out, maybe need for love which I do not acknowledge. Well love is all around us, we only need to recognize it, so I need to recognize! I really liked the way Godfrey explained how intimacy is in the nature; for example, the oxygen which penetrates to our cells all day long, how intimate that is…

What else… yes, travel plans already! I know I am an ambitious one when it comes to making travel plans for my studying… I guess we, ashtangis, are all a bit like that. I was thinking what if I go to India directly after the Colorado trip. Can I get an Indian Visa when I am there? I looked up, it seems like I can apply through mail in the States. Therefore, during the training, I can just send my passport and get it back until the training ends… and then fly to India straight from the States instead of getting back to Turkey and then flying to India. This also might mean that I can rent my apartment for a straight out period beginning from the time I leave for Colorado. Is this good thinking or too ambitious? I think it can be considered.

Lets not forget New Moon wishes!
Happy resting and happy practices tomorrow!

No comments: