Friday, August 22, 2008

This week...

Some notes on this week…
Impatience regarding going to India has been growing. The first couple of days of the week I was just unhappy about… being in Istanbul, practicing all alone for the last 4 months; everyone being on vacation including my few students, so the number of students coming to very low number; not being in Mysore with the rest of my friends and practicing with them; again being in Istanbul… so it was just like this, on and on…
Then, Tuesday, a student of mine came to class late, everyone else was done with their practice and the last entrance time was passed, so I was also already doing my sun salutations when she arrived. Therefore, we practiced side by side, and this meant that me practicing with someone else for the first time since I got back from India! It was very nice, very nice gift for me!
However, Wednesday morning, I was still not happy (uhh) still the resentment about all those things… then, when it was time for me to practice, during the invocation, I decided to dedicate my practice to my unhappy state. I thought that maybe something good can come out of it. And just like that, practice became very good and for the very first time, I felt the power of back bending asanas of second series. It was all talk for me when I heard second series is heart opening, etc… I do those specific asanas ( Salabasana, Bhekasana, Dhanurasana, Parsva Dhanurasana, Ustrasana, Laghu Vajraasana, Kapotasana…) fine but I never felt my heart opening or something… but this time, I felt this happiness rising in my chest as I did them, it was surprising, it was nice… and when the practice was over, after my shower was over, after my dressing up was over, after I head out of the shala, I realized how lucky I am to be doing what I love the most. I am practicing and I am teaching this practice, how on earth I forgot this fact! Well, of course I am also drained, tired; tired physically and tired of students who do not really get the concept of daily practice, so I need a break, and I need to be recharged for sure. But still, it is good, it will be good and I do not need to worry about things much. Also, my sister is back from her vacation (see everyone is vacating!), this means we can continue with our chess learning phase…

No comments: