Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A beginning

It has been more than a week since I began teaching Mysore classes. I am very lucky because I had students since the first day, maybe a couple or so some days but still, it is presence what matters as my friend Charisse says. Last Sunday, I also did a kind of info session for some of Zeynep’s Teacher Trainees and that was quite fun for me because I was telling them about what I love and enjoy the most. Of course, I also led them through some of the primary. I also got the Mysore style book and brought it with me for them to look at it at the end of the session.
This week I got 6 people who signed up monthly and there are few who drop in regularly. I know this is not much at all but I feel like it is a good beginning. I cannot believe that I am starting this, which had been my dream since I moved back to Istanbul from London. The thing is I never imagined it would be me who would do it, I just simply wished that there would be Mysore classes which I could go to… I guess Nancy Gilgoff had some insight because from the very first day she met me, she told me to open my own school. Yes, I teach at my friend’s place but they wanted me to be a shala in their shala, so I am actually separate from them… but I am so grateful to them because they forced me to realize my dream, kind of fulfilling my Saturn tapas. Hopefully it will go all rite and flourish.
With my own practice, it is okey. I am still with handstands and jumping into Bhakasana B and also trying to lift and take back with the jump backs but uhh is it ever possible and when ☹? Ohh and I wake up at 3:20 am to practice before teaching, is that insane or just being me?
Ohh, that Mysore style book is lovely, I was already fond of photography books and this one is all about... guess what!

No comments: