Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Mysore in September

Mysore! I am happy to be here... I arrived last Friday...
This journey was a bit different then previous once since this time I booked my flight with Emirates instead of Turkish airlines. Therefore, I flew to Dubai and then to Bangalore rather than flying directly to Bombay and then waiting for many hours (since Turkish airlines arrives at 3:30AM) for a domestic flight, also there was no hassle of switching from the international terminal to domestic terminal... We arrived to Dubai airport at 12:45 AM and I did not sleep the whole time. When I step into the luxuries airport, the first think I spotted was this juice bar and I was already very dehydrated in the plane and also since I forgot to check vegetarian option, there was no real meal for me at the plane so I was feeling a bit hungry too. The juice bar, especially the pineapples on the shelf my eyes sparkle I guess! I was missing pineapples so much; therefore, I got a pineapple apple ginger juice and drank it perhaps in 5 minutes. I walked around for a while and then found myself walking back to the juice bar to get a second one of the same juice! It was really good! It was the best thing! More walking around and seeing a date heaven in one of the shops was for some reason pretty interesting in the middle of the night, but I did not buy any, maybe I should have, they were the best dates I have ever seen in my life. Then I got tho the plane after almost 3 hours of lay over and just tried to sleep the rest of the journey. The second plane was not as comfortable as the first one tough... still I managed to get few hours of sleep. When I arrived to Bangalore, there was the taxi I arranged 2 days before. I thought of taking the train this time, but then I realized how tired I would be and I did not really know when it was, I looked online but then gave up and called Shiva for a taxi... With he taxi, we arrived to Mysore in 4 hours, most of the time I slept in the car... it felt longgg. but then I was grateful that I did not have to drive any of these vehicles that took me to Mysore! :)

When I arrived to Gokulam it was easy since I booked my living space in advance this time. I just settled down to my room and then got out to register at the shala. I was thinking it would be crowded but it was very few people online... so it was quick... After the registration, I could not resist to go to Anokhi garden to see if Flora was there! I was missing her so much the whole summer. So I walked down to the cafe, the door was open, I went in and saw Olivie who seemed like he never left the place. I guess I also looked like I never left Gokulam either to him... I asked if Flora was there and he told me that she was inside. I walked in and there Flora was talking with someone and as soon as she saw me, she jumped out of her seat and hugged me. She was so happy, I was so happy! It was so great to unite with my friend, almost a sister she is to me now! We both went through some difficult stuff this summer... and it was great to see her back here and lively again, and to her, I looked good since I was so much fed with life in Eressos... So we were both standing across from each other with big smiles on our faces! We talked a bit and afterwards we walked out to the coconut stand, just on our way out from the cafe, Mari showed up and I was so happy also to see her! I was hungry but Anu's was still closed until Sunday due to renovations and so I went to Nilgri's to get some curd and fruits and headed back home for a breakfast food... Luckily I had some food that I brought from home so I did not have to do big shopping as soon as I arrived...

Sunday was the first practice, led primary serious. It was so few people in front of the shala when I arrived! The gates opened, and we calmly went inside instead of the rush of the crowded times! The shala is not so full, it is such a luxury! I am loving it. We are perhaps 50 people... Sharath is in good mood... All is good. Tuesday also he did a led class for some reason... Anyways, first whole week is primary always... Today was self-practice and Sharath had two of the students from his last training assisting him! That was really nice, nice to have students among us also teaching, and teaching with Sharath. Things are changing...

Also Canan and Pinar are here. Two Turkish ladies... I know them from Istanbul. Both have been practicing ashtanga for some time. I am happy that they came to have this amazing experience. It is also nice that they are not here in the crazy hectic season so they are slowly getting hang of the was things and enjoying it all. It is not crazy in the shala with a big crowd, Sharath is more attentive since less people and then it was not difficult at all to find housing, so perfect for a first time!

ohh one new thing I forgot to mention. Now chanting classes with Laksmish is mandatory. Three times a week in the mornings for 45 minutes. This morning was our first class. I realized many from what we were chanting with Richard...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ahu,

You are in Mysore, that's wonderful. I will be asking you questions ready for next year when i hope to be there.

How did you find a place to stay, is it expensive?

I want to be there.

Enjoy

Boodiba said...

Chanting is mandatory if you are practicing with Sharath?

I'm glad you are there & so happy. Also is good to hear he is letting people help him.

Ahu said...

Thank you Linda. It is nice very nice to be back here... after I go to Goa!

Globie, there are people who help yoga students with finding housing. The prices vary a lot. Yuu can stay for a month paying 150USD but also double of that price... I am excited for you! When will you be comingnext year? maybe we will be here at the same time! I prefer this time much more to Jan-Feb-March...

Christina said...

Hey Ahu!

I am so excited for you and can't wait to read about your time there!!!

Also, so cool to hear about the mandatory changing - I like that idea!

Christina

Anonymous said...

Hi Ahu,

My company are moving in May 2011, I do not want to go with them, so I will leave and take a fw months off. I think it will be the only way to get to Mysore. I hope to get to Mysore at the end of August.

$300 is not even so bad for a month