Wednesday, September 15, 2010

here and now should be the mantra

Looking within... it is a lot of that these days... It is complicated work, but seems like should be the simplest. I feel like I am going through a training, training of snapping out of maya... well, I have lots of work to do. But one thing I know is that all the things that triggered depressive emotions and thoughts at last bring me to a point where I truly realized there is a need to see things from a different light. And maybe, I had to sink low to really make a revolution in the patterns of the mind. Also, close people around me going through really low time has been constantly reminding me that all this messy stuff cannot be there to kill us but maybe can be an opportunity to find something, that something within us which is very much light and pure than what we thing we are made of. It is not an easy task, lets see how it will go...

I am reading Pema Chodron's "Start Where You Are". When I got the book, I looked and thought to myself "uhh it looks like an easy read, not thick, chapters are not long, and the language is simple, etc..." ohh well I was wrong. I think after the first two chapters the challenge began. So, I read then I try to practice what she is talking about then I feel like I am incapable of following what she is saying, so I stop reading the book for couple of days. But then I start sensing that I am getting lost in my mind, going down and I think " I better pick up the book, maybe something she says will touch me", and as I read I see I was correct and then I take a break from reading it but keep contemplating on what I was reading, trying to assimilate... ohh, I have to say she is a very valuable source.  Also my sister send me "Pain Body" recording by Eckhart Tolle last week, listening to that also made me realize I have to stop going back to past feelings, maybe not to puch them away but the reality now is not those feelings, but we are so immune to bring them to now, and this habit so much inhibits our flow in the river of life...

Other than reading and taking journeys in my mind, I am thinking that I should do some other stuff. I will and will tell you when I do, there is no point of writing about what I am thinking of doing before I do them :p

Practice is nice although this morning I was feeling heavy... still it was not so bad... and later, for the breakfast I was so hungry!? i donnu. Yesterday I was with a beautiful friend for lunch. We were suppose to go to Sandhya's house, I called the day before and told the girl who picked up the phone that two of us will come next day around 2PM for lunch. But maybe she forgot to tell. When we arrived, Sandhya was "you are late, did you call?" Apparently there was not much food left. Therefore, I suggested that we go for thali and come to Shandyha some other day... We left for Dasaprakash, just as we were arriving the rain began slowly and as we entered to the restaurant it poured! Just on time! We had the special thali and had lots of time to talk until the rain stopped. It was lovely, and better than being at Sandhya's in terms of having all this time and privacy to share experiences, talk about stuff...  One of the interesting things came up in our conversation was "the Work" of Byron Katie, I did not know about this woman. It is interesting, interesting to see how we all think in similar patterns, and worry about similar stuff... 

No comments: