Saturday, September 11, 2010

Days fly...

It has been a week in Mysore... time flies when you are in a happy space... The weather is cool, cloudy and rainy but usually not heavy rain. Today is Ganesha festival, and the whole week there were preparations for it.  Mysore city was super busy, people were shopping, lots of people and lots of traffic in the city... I went downtown few times, once to take Pinar and Canan to shopping mostly for shawls and scarves. Another time I went down with my scooter, taking Canan also with me to see Mr. Rashinkar at his store, I am staying in his apartment so I had to give him some papers... We also stopped by at Ashok bookstore. I was looking for a specific Osho book which is called "Love, Aloness, Freedom" but they did not have it, maybe I should go to Sapna which is a much bigger book store. Then we went to the Rashinkar store, and beside seeing Mr. Rashinkar we also looked at yoga books and of course the yoga rugs they have... I got Yoga Taravali... I am not sure if this is a good edition of the book, we will see.

I am still partially in Afroz which is great. The memories are still very vivid and this lifts up my spirit a lot. From time to time I am confused about spirituality... it is hard to describe even what is confusing for me... I guess, I have to let it be, not question so much what I do versus what others do. but maybe I am not surrendering enough to anyone of the teachings or teachers. I frequently find myself being thorn between two of my teachers for instance, should I stay in Mysore longer or go to Goa?, and then Osho versus my yoga practice. I do not abandon my yoga practice to follow Osho, I am able to manage both together but if he asked me (if he were alive...) to drop yoga, I don't think I would. So what does that make me? and why do I think about this in the first place? well, I was listening to one of his discourses, him answering to a disciple's question, and he was saying how he knew that the disciple never really surrendered, how this guy was concerned what the society would think and so on and so on... well, I do not think of what the society will say... but when I am with the Osho community, they tend to question the yoga practice... I have my own mind, I go this way and that way, I say one think one day and may say another think the next day... I rebel and then come back... but it seems like Osho is part of my life, my vitality, and so I never totally abandon. but is this being half hearted? as I write these things, I realize it does not matter at all. My yoga practice is in the first place is what brought me to seeking, to India, to Osho... and maybe I am a very mental one, not like a heart person who would totally, without questioning surrender but that should also be fine, I have the accept where I am, who I am so I can continue from where I am... anyways...

Yesterday, I went for a walk around the lake. It was of course beautiful. I was also taking some photos as I was walking since I am trying to learn to make better pictures... Then a teenager boy began following me. I tried to slow down to let him pass, I stop to take photos and hoping he would be gone, but no in one way or another he was also stopping to wait. It quickly got stressful for me... Then I saw a man who was having his walk and also talking on his cellphone, so I tried to stay by him but he was too fast for me :p then I began saying to myself "let my angles help me, let my angles help me" I donnu from where I came up with this, but it worked after a few minutes! Two ladies appeared in front of me, I tagged behind them, the boy was hiding behind the bushes, then he jumped in again, did the noise Indian man do to take your attention but then left from the gate which was there. I was relieved but I missed taking photos of these beautiful heart shaped leaves on my way since I was trying to get away... so I have to go back to see the leaves again, but maybe a bit later when it is busier or with a friend, so I am not subject to this kind of think again...

Later, we went to Green Hotel for Friday night dinner. The garden is not open yet due to rain; therefore, we were in this area to the right of the garden which is covered on top. It was nice, good food and good company...

This morning, I did some cleaning... Then I was sat to write and I put some music. As the Libertines was playing from my iPod, through my open door I heard bells and saw the priest in the next house doing the puja for the Ganesha festival! I was like "ohh and you are here listening to your rock'n roll!" I turned of the music quickly to not disturb, disrespect... Soon I should go out for a walk around to see what is going on with this festival. I think there will be lots of Ganeshes around in lots of sizes! Exciting! Should take my camera with me....

2 comments:

Boodiba said...

It's almost like being there, reading your post. Too bad you had a stalker around the lake :(

I was idly looking a plane fares to Goa this morning. The only affordable, one-stop option is Air India. I was lucky (I guess?) and had an ok experience flying them to Goa the first time, but it is kind of hell changing planes in Mumbai...

Anyway I'm confused about that. I really shouldn't go, but I'm feeling the pull again. I tried to push it out of my mind and it keeps cropping up.

Ahu said...

hehe! the right decision will come :) thinking of you here... good luck x