Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today is the birthday day... 32!

Today is the birthday day… Yes already 32 and feeling as young as ever. This year I guess it will be different. Last year, I entered my new age only with my sister, a bit depressed and feeling lonely. This year, we are having small garden party in my sister’s beautiful garden. And I see how we contribute in creating our own happiness and unhappiness. Last year, I was stubborn to organize anything because I thought there was no point. Yes, I was in a negative mood, negative about myself, about being in this city, etc… This year, actually my friend suggested that we do this garden party and so I invited few friends… and we will see how it goes. I have a feeling it will go fine…
I am trying to bake my own birthday cake as usual. Actually, I already baked the cake (chocolate beer cake from Delia Smith) but it does not seem to be the way it should and I know why because I used whole wheat flour ☺ and the chocolate sauce is not done yet, it is too bitter, have to adjust it… kind of a mess but I am sure people will be fine no matter how it turns out.

This week was fine. I was a bit sleepy in the mornings… I think it is normal since I was waking up at 6AM while on holiday and then going back to 4AM was a bit tough. Then I had to show something to a student because I could not describe it with words but then that brought up the pain on the side of the knee which was actually getting better and better… I was a bit frustrated but then as the week went along, I began to have more and more soft attitude towards myself, my knee, my pain, my injury… I just realized my practice is not about what I can do and not do… and I have faith that I will heal, I just have to believe. And I guess acupuncture would help tones but have to wait for that since I do not know any good place here in Istanbul. I am also doing hip openers every day to reduce any stress that can go to my knee…

Also Path of Love… The process begins on 11th of September but actually it already began! They send you questionnaires and those really begin the process. After filling the second one, that same night, I began having nightmares about people from my past… people I should have let go long time ago but obviously they are still under the carpet. I hope the process will do the cleaning needed!

Okey, going back to birthday mood! Happy 32 to me! I feel very blessed for having Yoga in my life, having my teachers and my friends in my life, having the opportunity travel, and live in India every year! And yes blessed to have such a great family.

6 comments:

Ursula said...

Happy happy birthday, oh you are so bloody young.

We yoginis love our yoga......
It is really something wonderful in our lives.

Have a great day. Ursula

Ahu said...

thanks Ursula!!!
x

Grimmly said...

Indeed, Happy Birthday to YOU.have a wonderful year.

Anonymous said...

sevgili maya,
dogum gununu kutluyorum.
cok gusel bi yas diliyorum.
sevgilerimle
cagla

Flo said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!
I hope it was filled with love!
4:00 AM! I get up at 6 but trying to get up at 4 to get in my practice before work. HOW on earth do you manage? Any tips?

Ahu said...

hi Flo!
Well, I go to bed early, around 8:30-9PM. That is the only tip I can give I guess... well, also determination. Once you begin the sun salutations, you usually wake up...
thank you for the birthday wish by the way!
xxx