Saturday, August 08, 2009

Night life in August or ever?

Yesterday I cooked Indian dinner for couple of my friends. I cooked the dishes I have learned at Tina’s cooking class during my first time in Mysore: palak paneer and vegetable kurma and. Moreover, I cooked dal from Sivananda cook book and samosas and plain rice. It was too much food but they are not vegetarian so I was a bit concerned about feeding them… Consequently I ended up with lots of leftovers; so much that I can have another dinner party tonight… well I put some of it in the freezer.

Of course there was lots of drinking on their and on my sister’s part. I barely had a couple of glasses of wine and that was already much… well I used to drink lots also and stay up and party… but now, all that is not so interesting. Not to misunderstand… I enjoy my friends but when I am sober and when it is not after mid night and not in a bar where people are bumping on you constantly. Yeah, later on, we went out to the neighbor hood bar but it was boring: too crowded and not much people we know. So, after a while, we all split. Well, I went out the other week also and it was the same… I love dancing, I enjoy good music but the bar scene, especially during summer time in Istanbul is not my thing… And I cannot do the schmooze thing anymore at least in a crowded loud bar/night club. Am I getting older than I am actually?

1 comment:

Tracy said...

no..not older, just Wiser!! ;0) (plus you feel a whole lot better in the morning!!)