Saturday, June 13, 2009

Need Backing maybe...

Quiet… Going and then coming back always requires a bit of settling down time for me. Realization of what it could have been like with a good teacher all the time… then coming back and finding half of the students are gone… gone where? Vacation… and then some of them just don’t practice I guess since their TT has finished… well again “?” for me… practice for just TT mentality?
Don’t know, don’t know.

I am trying to read Sutras slowly. I have this book on Yoga Sutras of Patanjali I got for Tias’s training, it is translated and commented by Chip Hartranft. Back then, I was too intimidated to read it other than looking for the references Tias did during the training. Well, actually we really did not read much else than the booklet they gave then. However, to my surprise, this book is not intimidating, it is nicely written, not confusing, not over my head (is this a correct expression?) so I read and then try to implement, and yes not so successful yet ☺ trying to see the distinction between the self and the awareness, trying nonreaction, trying to observe, and still I get swept away… ohh well…

So again the thoughts of India, thoughts of maybe visiting Rolf and Marci in August since it will be even more empty here in that time. no need to struggle with that, and instead doing something that will benefit me... just a thought

3 comments:

Seckin said...

we are still in the class Maya :) and how about the headstand surprise that i prepared for u when u were in there?
don't go anywhere... we love u and ashtanga :)
SECKIN

Ahu said...

thank you for being present. those as you are the encouraging ones.

Craig said...

Hey there---I'm reading the sutras too but in the book "Ashtanga yoga-practice and theory" by Gregor Maehle. He makes them pretty manageable.