Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The big day!

Yes, I am off to Mysore this evening! I am so excited! And this morning, after so many weeks, I had a rocking practice! I woke up at 5:30 am, it was great, I have been having hard time waking up since I have been here in Istanbul, and I was worrying how I will mange in Mysore, I guess I will need be at the Shala around 5 am, right? I believe this is related to the wonderful Skype talk I had with Cary! Now I understand how important it is to have a good teacher, even talking to her over the internet can influence my practice for the better, think how it can help when I study with a good teacher! It was great to talk to her before I leave for Mysore.
I know it will be great! And as Cary said, I am so lucky to be going to Mysore in my first year of practice. I don’t care at all what others thing here about Mysore, I know I will benefit a lot, my practice will benefit a lot externally and internally! And about all that bandha talk, as I assumed, Cary told me that it is not so realistic to expect someone to get bandhas right in their first year of practice and she said you learn it almost intuitively as you practice, suddenly it clicks. Anyways, I should stop worrying about all this talk in Istanbul, criticism of Mysore etc… I am beginning a great journey! I will for sure have much more interesting stuff to write about when I am in Mysore!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're exactly right, and I think you'll enjoy yourself as well, practice should be inspiring out there I'm sure.

See you there and have a good flight.

cjx

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip and a wonderful time, and keep blogging!!

Ahu said...

thank you all! I am at the Bombai airport at the moment, waiting for my flight to Bangalore. kind of tired since my flight from Istanbul landed at 3:30 am and my flight to Bangalore is at 9:30am. But I will be in Mysore today!
see you soon CJ :)