Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Training preview...

Last weekend, beginning from Friday, was totally amazing for me. Yes, it was Tias Little workshop! One cannot imagine how I feel. I made this decision about a month ago, going to Tias Little’s Teacher Training without really knowing him… but from what I gathered through reading about him, combined with what I heard about him from other people and my gut feeling, I decided that this would be the appropriate training for me. And thanks all, for the first time, I listened to my instincts and made the right decision! I enjoy his teaching very much. Yes, Tias’ approach absolutely leans more toward Iyengar, and to my surprise, I really liked practicing in such deep level. It was the first time I felt asanas so deeply and I am still hangover from the experience… I believe this is what I need to become a good teacher, to really feel the asanas in such deep, intense level and learn the mechanics of them. Also, Tias adds a Buddhist essence to the whole practice, which agrees with me really well. So, I am very enthusiastic about next month; I can hardly wait…
The other thing that I have been occupied since the beginning of this week is the “new policy” of our shala. We, the teachers, were able to join each other’s classes for free but now they changed this. They require us to buy class packages! Now, we, the ones who are dissapointed with this new policy, are raising our voice. For me, forget accepting $ from another teacher who works at the same shala with me; it is an honor for me if a teacher would like to join my classes… I hope we will solve this problem peacefully…
Namaste.

1 comment:

spanda said...

Hi, you are not alone when you say that you chose to go to Tias' TT without having studied with him - some things you just feel and know. I travelled across the miles to Santa Fe from Singapore last October to study with this Great Teacher. I am truly blessed to have had that experience. Enjoy yourself and your journey :)

Blessings from sunny Singapore, Shirley